Real Life

NOZ

Hi all,

I had a BBQ party a week ago, about 35 to 40 people.

The BBQ was the main attraction, until I turned on the system. Flocking to the HT room, everyone just went on pause mode.

I put on the pod race, and went back outside, meanwhile, there is about twenty people in my HT.

Anyways, about 10 mins later they come out of the house, kind of staggering like, HEHEHE...

Comments like, holy shyt, my chest.... I've never felt anything like that before... You better check your foundation...

My point is, most people never experience these sorts of things, and have no grasp on what we are all doing here. In real life, 99.9% of people will never experience reference HT.

Isn't this blissfull....

Sean

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

DUAL USAGE ROOM

Fronts & Mains: Klipsch La Scalas

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

Projector: Infocus LP350

Screen: Draper Premier 96" x 72"

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD-3805

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Dual SVS Ultras w/ Samson 1000 watt amp

http://www.geocities.com/seanshometheatre/

Yeah you know your right.If you dont now about home thaeter you don t know what your missing.I mean can you imagine watching a movie like LOTR with just the TV speakers.For most of us that would suck.Personally if I can t watch a movie in a decent home theater environment I wont watch it.Maybe we re just spoiled.Thats my 2 cents!!

Fordman said:

I mean can you imagine watching a movie like LOTR with just the TV speakers.For most of us that would suck.

Ugh, I just did over the Labor Day weekend while up in Pittsburgh. My friend has a decent 36 inch Hitatchi TV, but that is about it. No HT setup or anything. I did not get the chance to even see what kind of DVD player it was (Knowing my friend, willing to bet it was a cheapo Walmart special and he did say it did not do progressive scanning or anything like that. I also asked if it could play mp3s and he said he does not think it could). We watched X-men on this setup and all I could think was "this would so friggan awesome if I was back at home watching this on my HT setup. Not to sound snooty or anyrhing, but man do I agree with the above quote!

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

It's like going from a Mercedez to a Kia. I know the feeling.

My grandma and grandpa in Oregon have a nice 27" RCA TV, and a VCR. Thats it. We watched Harry Potter (3 year old cousin present...) and I was getting bored because all the lights were on and the sound was krap. Oh well, I am an audio snob!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

I agree entirely with everyone on this!

My friend is watching Blade 2 at the moment. I am not paying attention to it. I want to wait and watch it at home with the lights out and sound cranked!

He does have a decent little system. HK AVR-120, Klipsch KG 3.5s,KSB-1s and a small JBL sub. But a movies like Blade deserve more!

I believe more people are into HT than we imagine. But most have the cheap little "HT-in-a-box" setup that does not give them the true FEELING of HT!

We are so spoiled!!!cwm12.gif

------------------

Jerry

CP RULZ

------------

Mains: KLF 30

Rears: KG 5.5

Center: KLF-C7

Subs: (2) Antique wooden coffins with (3) 12" Advents in each

Receiver: HK AVR-80

DD Processor: HK ADP-303

DTS Processor: Rotel RDA 985

AudioControl Phase Coupled Activator Series Three

TV: Toshiba 42H81 42" Theaterwide

DVD: Toshiba 4109X

Laserdisc: Yamaha CDV-W901

5 CH Amp(for Speakers): Rotel RMB-1095

5 CH Amp(for subs): Rotel RB-985

Single Cass Deck: HK TD-420

Dual Cass Deck: HK DC-520

"My point is, most people never experience these sorts of things, and have no grasp on what we are all doing here. In real life, 99.9% of people will never experience reference HT."

LOL

Sorry my two HT systems give me better then the so called "reference" performance. Smile.gif

HE HE

TheEAR(s) Now theears

quote:

Originally posted by jweed:

I agree with all. Its even hard to watch a Football game now without having the HT audio on.

I watch all TV through the receiver. The TV alone is unbearable. My 2 brother-in-laws each have HT systems which they paid top dollar for and rarely use, even for movies. Too much hassle to use another remote/figure out their own systems. Sad

When we watched the first episode of the first season of Survivor, my wife jumped up from the couch during the opening sequence. A tribal yell came from the surround channel and scared her thoroughly. We had only had the system for a week and she sure wasn't expecting that. It's even fun to hear the laugh tracks from sitcoms come from the surrounds, why not?

Family and friends all think I'm stuck up because I won't watch a movie in full screen. I leave the room.

Don't even get me started on the speakers built in to TV's! They should just not bother putting them in and lower the cost of the televison! Who's gonna buy a $5,000-6,000 TV and not hook it up to a receiver (and they should be shot if they do)? Waste of money (my money)

------------------

Mains: KLF 10's

Center: RC-3 (I know--doesn't match mains)

Surrounds: Quintets

Receiver: Denon 3802

DVD: Denon DVD-900

TV: Sony 36XBR400

VCR: Mitsubishi HS-U48

LaserDisc: Pioneer D605

MIT T2 and T3cables throughout