Klipsch RP-160M Speakers

mesch

Peter, Thanks.  I am sure it also depends on the crossover configuration. I know most nominal 8 ohm speakers dip to 4 ohms somewhere across frequency range, and for most dynamic driver speakers this usually occurs at lower frequencies with impedance rising at higher ones. I am hoping someone might know the actual minimum impedance.  

3 minutes ago, mesch said:

most dynamic driver speakers this usually occurs at lower frequencies with impedance rising at higher ones. 

The charts I have seen of Klipsch speakers from other models actually have the biggest dip around 150-180 hz where they are around 4 ohms or a bit lower.  There will be another dip down low around the tuning frequency of the ported enclosure.  These are all multiple woofer'ed towers or the THX bookshelves though, not sure about these.  

Probably a fine load on your amp.  Likely only a low impedance as you approach resonance.  Doubtful a big deal.

I do have a set of RP-160Ms and they are a very good sounding speaker for the price.   Pair them with a sub or two in a medium size room, they can be very nice.  Get them on sale and you can get a killer deal for the sound quality.

I have a pair mated with 2 R12SW subs for stands.  Quite reasonable for under $800 for the whole thing if you are in the right place at the right time.