Even More Amazed With RB-75's

willland

I recently added the "matching" Yamaha CD-S1000 to my existing Yamaha A-S1000 integrated amp driving my RB-75's/RSW-10d combo.  Very excited and anxious to run the new(to me) Yammy through it's paces, I loaded up the SACD of Dire Straits "Brothers In Arms, 20th Anniversary Edition" and let it run it's course.  "Money For Nothing" is recording #2 and the drum intro with it's tom-snare, tom-tom, etc. followed by Mark Knopfler's screaming distorted Fender Strat, all come on like a freight train.  Then follows a series of drumming that is so 3-dimesional I swear the band is in my living room.  

Kudos to the excellent mix/recording of this SACD and undeniable musical prowess of the band but I am here to tell you that the RB-75's with the RSW-10d in my living room(4800ft3) sound like large full range floorstanders.  The impact is incredible with a fullness that is hard to explain.  I have placed my previous beloved forte's in the exact position as the 75's and they never had the impact these "bookshelf" speakers possess.  I am not trying to convince anyone that the RB-75's are at the top of the chain but with a well matching subwoofer with the "right" components and amplification, they can run with the best of them.

RB75 RASW10d Rig no grills.jpg

bill4.jpg

Bill

• Like 5