Got my Harman Kardon AVR 520 today!

Orange Peel

It came today via UPS and guess what? It's not broken!! WooHoo!! Smile.gif It was actually double boxed with popcorn inside, pretty good protection. I must add that Sound Pros out of CA was VERY good to deal with, they responded to my emails immediately, gave me answers to all my questions, and delivered very quickly. You can buy from them off ebay or their website www.soundpros.com Just thought I would let you know in case some of you are looking to buy from them, very good prices, Scott and Gary are good guys!

Anyways, back to the 520, my god this thing has a lot more options than the AVR 125. I'm still trying to figure it out. It's a lot deeper than the 125 is, it takes up my whole shelf it's on in the rack. I really haven't got a chance to crank up the volume to see how things sound, but so far it sounds clean like the 125 and no problems yet. I like the remote, actually it has 2 remotes, one for multi-room and the regular one. I haven't got a chance to hear a DTS ES Matrix DVD yet, I rented Blade II which I think has that option, so I'm dying to hear the phantom 6.1 come to life!!!

It's definitley a top notch HK product, I'm very glad I purchased it, and I can't wait to use all the features some day Wink.gif

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Home Theatre:s>

Klipsch RF-3's (Front Mains)c>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Klipsch RS-3's (Rear Surrounds)c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Mitsubishi 60" Big Screen VS-60609c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

Doug - Oh yeah!! I love the smell of brand new equipment, <snif snif> ahhhhhhhh Wink.gif

Keith - I have LOTR, INTENSE movie, and I've rented Resident Evil, pretty good movie too. I can't wait to hear Blade II, it should have some killer sound staging going on with all the fight scenes. And I must watch LOTR's a few more times at LOUD volume Wink.gif

Wes - Thanks! My system is starting to come together nicely I would say, it's all a huge step up from the Polk stuff I had, and this receiver rocks, so many bells and wistles Smile.gif I'm like a kid in a candy store with this stuff! Now where's that second rabbit at? (aka Amps) Wink.gif

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

I have been looking at the HK AVR520 and the Marantz SR6200 for my next receiver. Do you think the HK is better enough to justify an extra benjamin on it? I see them on ebay with a but it now of around 600 from sound pros, not a bad price. I might take one.

------------------

MY SYSTEM

Mains: Klipsch RF-3II

Center: Klipsch RF-3II

Rear L/R: Polk R40 bookshelves(suck)...soon to be Klipsch RS-3II

Subwoofers: Dual SVS 25-31CS

Subwoofer Amp: Fidek 3002 600w

Receiver: Harmon Kardon AVR520

CD Player: Cambridge D500SE

DVD Player: Older JVC Progressive Scan...soon to be a Toshiba SD5700(HDCD)

TV: Toshiba 32A42 32"

jwadd21 - With all the issues I have heard about the Marantz receivers lately, I wouldn't buy one. I think the HK AVR 520 is an EXCELLENT piece of equipment, my speakers sound wonderful now, and watching movies and listening to music has never been better. I would say it's well worth the money. I got mine from Sound Pros for $605 plus $24 shipping to AZ. They were wonderful to deal with and it came in perfect condition, BRAND NEW as well, not a refurb like Ubid sells.

If you buy one, you won't be dissapointed, hell, it's the 2nd best receiver Harman Kardon makes, it can't be that bad eh? Wink.gif

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>