Magnetic Shielding in RF-82II

frankhenrylee

On 10/4/2016 at 10:37 AM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I actually erased the memory in a playstation with a vacuum cleaner one time.  Boy was I ticked.  This was back before hard drives, they had a memory stick or something.  All my original Gran Turismo data just gone.  

yeah that sucks.  So you didn't want to retrieve the sucked up memory stick from the vacuum cleaner bag? 

Just now, efzauner said:

yeah that sucks.  So you didn't want to retrieve the sucked up memory stick from the vacuum cleaner bag? 

No I mean like the magnetism and static electricity actually erased the memory while it was still inside the playstation, I just got too close to it.  Nothing physically moved.  I've been paranoid about this stuff ever since.  

13 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

No I mean like the magnetism and static electricity actually erased the memory while it was still inside the playstation, I just got too close to it.  Nothing physically moved.  I've been paranoid about this stuff ever since.  

this is too weird.. Are you sure it was not just a coincidence?  was it solid state memory or hard disk?  very very high electric and magnetic fields could erase memory  but not a vacuum cleaner.   If you vacuum around your electronics every week over a few years....  and by chance it breaks down randomly.. there could be correlation but not causality. I cannot imagine a mechanism for a vacuum to do this.