Custom Build EL84 SE amp/preamp $1400$

richieb

As great as they sound together I just have too many amps with additional monoblocks arriving yet this week, so these need a new home.

Custom built by Bill Baker from Response Audio these are a superb sounding 6 watt EL84 single ended amp/preamp combo, in beautiful Baltic Birch.

$1400/offer (amp+preamp) Sold as the pair

power amp /

- 2x - new 7189 output tubes from the Tube Store "Preferred Series". Killer tubes.

-  6 watt choke filtered power supply based on a 5U4 rectifier tube

- Mundorf teflon bypass caps

- cryo silver plated copper wiring power and pre amp

- twin analogue meters for tube ouput

pre-amp /

- Class A 12au7 line stage

- V-cap oil output caps; V-cap teflon bypass

- Gold Point stepped attenuator

Obviously these pieces go together like peanut butter and jelly. Very smooth, detailed and remarkably powerful for 6 watts. These have run my ZU Essence (sold), Quartets, RB75, KP450/EV (Frankenstein) and Khorns. Actually a bigger sound stage and close in detail to my Wright 2a3's and may actually be smoother.

I will also sell a pair of Oak Quartets ($375) as a package deal for someone in the KC area that can pick up the entire kit. Package price can be discussed.

I can email all the pics you need via email.

Thanks in advance

Rich

IMG_2458.JPG

^^^^^

Thanks WVU - yeah I think $375 is fair for Quartets but had no takers when I offered them going to Hope.

And like said in the ad someone can have a near turn key rig, less a source, for a real good price. And the amp makes the Quartets sound huge. A nice little rig for the discerning Klipsch tube-o-phile.

• Like 1