2.1 College Dorm setup

Ryan

On 11/23/2016 at 10:53 PM, mattSER said:

You're going to look for any model that starts with "RF".

The dual 6.5" models are(oldest to newest):

RF-25

RF-62

RF-62ii

All with roughly equal performance

The dual 8" models are(oldest to newest):

RF-3

RF-3ii

RF-5

RF-35

RF-82

RF-82ii

Again, all being equal with the exception of the superior RF-5.

Any idea what the difference is between the RF-3 and RF-5 they look like they're both a 150 watts which is great.. I thought the RF-3 would be lower wattage..

The RF-5 is nicer. It has real wood veneer finish, larger 8" tweeter horn(vs 6" on RF-3), and higher quality crossover components. 

It just delivers a larger, beefier sound than the RF-3.

Don't worry about wattage handling. Here in the Klipsch world, that's literally the last spec we look at. It doesn't matter when you can blow yourself out of the room with 30 watts.

• Like 1

I might have missed it. But are you planning on going full multi channel? If not how many components such as cd players, record players, etc..will you be using? Maybe a finding a decent 2 channel amp and a blue tooth receiver would work great. Then you can add a passive pre down the road, if you plan on adding on.

21 hours ago, The Dude said:

I might have missed it. But are you planning on going full multi channel? If not how many components such as cd players, record players, etc..will you be using? Maybe a finding a decent 2 channel amp and a blue tooth receiver would work great. Then you can add a passive pre down the road, if you plan on adding on.

I  planning on running a ps4 and possibly an Xbox through it as well as a computer whenever we want to stream something we can't with the other two

On 11/24/2016 at 10:58 PM, IbizaFlame said:

So that one is now out of stock, would you say that the AVR-S710W would be the next one to go for?

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/avreceiver/home-audio/receivers-amps/home-theater-receivers/1.html?brand_f[]=ONKYO&brand_f[]=DENON&home_audio_key[]=bluetooth&store_price[]=0-303

Those are the ones I have been looking at. If there is something outside of that search that also has Bluetooth and at a similar price point I am open to it as well.

Thanks

Ok so they have no ETA on when another x1100 will be coming in. In this case I honestly would rather get the x1200 or x1300 than the onkyo as I like the look a lot more and the input/output layout is more convenient for me, with both of those being $20 more.

Do you think the difference between the s700/710 and the x1200/1300 is worth the $50-70 more?

I will try and describe what I will be using it for and what will be hooked up to it as best I can to give you some kind of context, assuming I buy the RF3s tomorrow.

I will have 2 RF3s as the fronts and a R10SW as sub. It will mainly be used for games, TV/Movies, casual music listening and occasionally music for parties but not often. I also have two KB-15s that I was planning on running on the other amplified outs so we could listen to music at the same time as playing games etc. The room is about 20'x12'.

Thanks

The 1300 would be the newer one.

I'm not sure if the Surround Back Assignable channels are assignable as Zone 2 or not though.  That's what you'd need to have two audio sources going at the same time, otherwise you'd need an additional amp for the Zone 2 pre-out.  The monster in that set up is the RF-3's, the rest of them are kind of meh, so you should be just fine with the X1300.