Black Friday Decision Day

dbomberger

I have a problem that I would like some of you folks opinion about.  I have a great set of '77 Cornwalls that I dearly love. But we have recently moved to a different but not really  smaller home.  However the wall on which I have the TV, Cornwalls, stereo, turntable etc. is maxed out and then some when I have the Cornwalls on each end.  I see Klipsch is having a decent sale today on the RF 7II's.  I know people love the RF's as well.  Their design would fit better, but what about the sound.  How in the opinion of those who have heard both, would they sound comparatively?

Thanks in advance.

Del

6 hours ago, dbomberger said:

I have a problem that I would like some of you folks opinion about.  I have a great set of '77 Cornwalls that I dearly love. But we have recently moved to a different but not really  smaller home.  However the wall on which I have the TV, Cornwalls, stereo, turntable etc. is maxed out and then some when I have the Cornwalls on each end.  I see Klipsch is having a decent sale today on the RF 7II's.  I know people love the RF's as well.  Their design would fit better, but what about the sound.  How in the opinion of those who have heard both, would they sound comparatively?

Thanks in advance.

Del

They're killer for rock and electronic music!... And movies...  But so much different than Cornwalls.. I have the RF 82's and loved once I had to rearrange my living room 4 times to get them to sound good.. If I play something old like the beatles I don't think they sound bad.. But if you're into mostly older music I don't think they're what you would want.. But the RF 82's and RF 7 really come alive and shine with newer or something with a good production.. And of course movies would sound amazing.. 

6 hours ago, dbomberger said:

Thanks in advance.

Del

You can get the RF 82's for $750 online... And if you get the RF-7's and don't like them you can give them to me.. 

The 7ii's are extremely competent... and are extremely different than a cownwall, especially a modified cornwall.

You can probably be very happy with the reference series as long as you DO NOT try and compare them with a good heritage speaker... if you like the heritage sound.

• Like 1

I have heard the Cornwall, Fortes', Heresey and LaScala'sThey are all excellent speakers.  I own the Forte I, RF 7 and 7 II.  For me the sound between these three speakers was very, very, close and I settled on the RF 7 II's.  The RF 7 II's do everything pretty well.  Detailed top end and mid-range with excellent bass.  I don't listen to a lot of old school music so I can't comment on that.

I haven't heard the Cornwalls, but I've had/have/heard Cornscalas, la scalas, klipschorns, heresies, quartets, fortes, and chorus. I also owned RP-280f and RF-7II for a short while.

For movies, the 7s are amazing. For music, I'd say stick with the Cornwalls. The heritage series has more midrange and is not as bright. There are a couple peaks in the 7s rising treble response. It makes them sound bright to some people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk