Best center speaker

Hydroman

2 minutes ago, Winestone said:

Would the 62 II be a better match with the RP-280F as front speakers over the recommended RP-450C?

On 12/15/2016 at 8:32 PM, Scrappydue said:

62ii will spank it. Owned them both. 62 will spank the 450 too 

As Scrappy said...

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:42 AM, Cole C said:

Hey Hydroman, I just posted a similar topic.  Probably should have looked here first.  I own the r26f towers and the matching r25c.  I am looking for what would be a good replacement to match with the other reference series speakers, because I have not liked the r25c very much.  Thats all I can offer for advice right now.  

I'm in the same boat right now.  I got a 62 II on the way to replace my R25.  Now I'm afraid I'll want or need some 82 II next to replace my 28's

R28f with 62 ii still haven't heard setting it up projector screen elite screens up and 142x optoma 3d projector.  ordered octane theater seats xl 700 seats. I trust calibrating 62 ii pulled back with r28f would work. Did alot of research and the advice here outstanding conclusion was buy 62 ii for me. Upgrading cost alot in your case.

On 12/17/2016 at 8:44 PM, Hydroman said:

My new topic is banana plugs/wire everyone join it. Your advice will help my search. Thanks 

It's in Home Theater in a thread you started, it's comprehensive. 

Maybe the threads just overlapped. 

• 1 month later...

Finally got it set up and amazing difference 10x better then any theater.  

62 ii center speaker worked great with r28f towers thanks to Denon audyssey EQ matching them up was breeze. I recommend rc62ii center with calibration r28f was label large and rc62ii was called small not sure what it means yet but sounds great!!!

It gets complicated when klipsch is new to you.

Theres the old Reference ii line that is the rc62ii.

Theres the current reference line which is a step down and includes the r28f r26f r25c and so forth.

Theres a reference premiere line which is the newest top line speakers that suceeded the reference ii line and are a step up from the current reference line.

Best is to have center and other speakers from the same line but not required.

If you own an rc62 the best match becomes the rf series...rf82 rf62 rf52.

The rp280f and the like are the newest line.  It is ok to mix any together but best if the front 3 are the same line.  Dont stress it sounds good or it doesnt! 

Finally got it set up and amazing difference 10x better then any theater.  

62 ii center speaker worked great with r28f towers thanks to Denon audyssey EQ matching them up was breeze. I recommend rc62ii center with calibration r28f was label large and rc62ii was called small not sure what it means yet but sounds great!!!

• Like 1

An almost universal XO for the sub is 80 because at that point bass becomes omnidirectional, and voices don't come out of the sub.  There are exceptions of course and I have heard of people going a little lower like 60, but rarely higher like 90.  Leave the Phase at 0, that is the proper setting in virtually all cases.  It only comes into play if you have another sub and they cancel each other out (null).

+++

Especially, don't mess with those 60 Hz XO points.  I raised all mine to 80 and promptly loss Tubas.  It was like erasing them from the recording!  I re-ran Audyssey again, it measured the room and the speakers and decided it was 60 all around, and the tubas were back!  Lesson learned.   :)

I am also a fan of Audyssey, especially for different speakers.  I have matching L/R Khorns, a dome-tweeter MTM center, and Bose 301 side surrounds, all in a bizarrely shaped living room.  Audyssey makes them all play nice together.

Like everybody else I think I know better than Audyssey and start to screw with XO points, raising some, lowering others and making the sub louder.  All I usually am able to do is totally screw up the sound.  A quick re-run of Audyssey and everything sounds good again.  B)

• Like 1

I do have a second sub not hooked up yet so set that one to 180 when I get cable? 

For movies I used audyssey EQ on 

and audyssey volume off after calibrating thay prompt me use EQ on and next click had volume off so clicked that next sounded pretty good 

Does changing the distance setting change the sound?