Speaker color on new central RP-440C looks very different from the "copper" aspect seen on commercials.

propergol

Hello,

I just bought a RP-440C and their copper color is dull compared to commercial pictures or videos on Youtube.

I am wondering if this couldn't be some kind of oxidation due to a wet storage environment.

Do you think there is a chance this would affect speakers quality?

Thanks

Edited by propergol

5 hours ago, propergol said:

I just bought a RP-440C and their copper color is dull compared to commercial pictures

They enhance the commercial pictures with photoshop or something, they are usually more vivid than they are in real life.  Curious as to what "dull" means though.  

10 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

They enhance the commercial pictures with photoshop or something, they are usually more vivid than they are in real life.  Curious as to what "dull" means though.  

Yep,  I've never seen a real Big Mac that looked like this.

bur-bigmac-big_0.jpg

But some photos of your speakers would help to show us if they are unusual.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2016 at 7:38 PM, Rich_Guy said:

Yep,  I've never seen a real Big Mac that looked like this.

bur-bigmac-big_0.jpg

But some photos of your speakers would help to show us if they are unusual.

Oh I have. You have to travel to a country like Japan where EVERYONE takes pride in their job. It's unreal how nice mcdonalds is over there. Everyone dresses nice and is polite. Crazy how different it is compared to here. 

On 12/23/2016 at 4:48 AM, propergol said:

Hello,

I just bought a RP-440C and their copper color is dull compared to commercial pictures or videos on Youtube.

I am wondering if this couldn't be some kind of oxidation due to a wet storage environment.

Do you think there is a chance this would affect speakers quality?

Thanks

Welcome....nice speaker. I hope they're not water damaged, you would probably notice damage on the wood veneer and/or the box.

If I were processing pictures of Klipsch speakers, I'd add a heavy contrast contour to those cones to make them (visually) explode. Since most interior lighting is very diffuse, it will reduce the appearance of contrast on almost anything. Use a few Ikea Dioder (or other) lights at an angle on each speaker to bring out that luster!