The 15s! by Klipsch

mr clean

14 hours ago, jjptkd said:

I agree, would like to see a passive version of these fine looking speakers. Built in electronics will enviably wear out or even sooner yet become outdated at a much faster rate than the speakers themselves. It's one thing to toss out a little boom box but to have large floorstanders fail or become obsolete would be a nightmare.

Obsolete isn't much of a concern for me - I still have amps made 20 yrs ago and think they're better than sliced bread. Them failing is an opportunity to turn them passive as well, so that's not an issue either. However, they also turn ugly when you do that, unless they're designed to be good looking when you make em passive. My bigger concern is that - well, I have tons of high end amplification, will these match up ? I guess these can be better, like for example, I think the TAS5630 amps are awesome when built right, but I cant say for sure these will beat my 90's high end amps.

Thanks.

Srinath.