Swampoodle Review Debut

Mallette

Since PWK is honored by the Regional Music Heritage Center, this is on topic.  Initial column of what will be a regular feature in the Texarkana Gazette of the "Swampoodle Review," a column dedicated to the genre, composers, musicians, and technology (that being PWK) that our region has uniquely contributed to American and world music.  It's only been in the past 5 years that it has become clear that boogie-woogie originated in our area.  Since jazz and rock and roll both own their existence to this genre, the most important forms of American music came from here...not New Orleans, Chicago, or all those other places.  Fact is, boogie-woogie spread from here to those places on the railroad as one of our board members Dr. John Tennison has clearly proven.  But there is much more to it than that as we'll be exploring as time goes by. 

Also, the Klipsch all Heritage multi-channel system placed with us is now up and commissioned.  No point in saying how it sounds as all here already know that.  We'll be opening up small "bring your own music and snacks" weekend listening sessions as soon as the false corners are constructed. 

Dave

SRColumn.PNG

Crazy fun, my friend.  Working on the Joplin Centennial Celebration feverishly and with the most awesome people from Italy, Holland, and the US as well.  I'll post some details as they become more firm, but I think March 31-April 2 of this year is going to be a big time in Texarkana, and hopefully grow from there. 

Dave

• Like 1