Seeking woodworker to enlarge speaker holes in the Indianapolis area

Edgar_in_Indy

I have a pair of Chase Home Theater (CHT) VS 18.1 subwoofers (monstrous 18" vented speakers) for my home theater that I'm wanting to upgrade the drivers on. I'd like to swap out the stock (and rather pedestrian) Eminence drivers for Dayton "Ultimax" UM18-22 drivers. The only problem is that the UM18's are about 1/4 inch larger than the stock drivers, so I'll need to enlarge the speaker opening a little bit.

I'm not a woodworker myself, so even if I obtained the tools I would probably still mess it up. I don't want to butcher my cabinets, so I was hoping somebody might be able to recommend a competent woodworker to hire in the Indianapolis area who they would trust to cut into their own speakers.

Thanks!

Layout2.jpg

I would suggest you head to your local Lowes or Home Depot.  Talk to the guys who sell the MDF etc materials and see if they know someone who will route out your holes.

+++

Jason, your suggestion to buy a rabetting bit seems elementary to you.  If it were a guy with me with no knowledge and no woodworking skills, I would worry to death I would screw up my speaker cab.