Projector Image Drops Out...HDMI Problem?

fuzzydog

Writing to see if you guys could help me diagnose what appears to be an HDMI related issue in my Home Theater.  

When watching a movie on blueray through our projector, the image will occasionally cut out for several seconds.  This happens at random and occurs maybe 2-4 times over the course of a movie.

The projector is connected to my receiver with a Monoprice Cabernet HDMI cable with redmere technology.  The cable length is 25' or 30'...i cant remember which length specifically.  

Does anyone else have this problem and know what might be the cause? 

55 minutes ago, FuzzyDog said:

Writing to see if you guys could help me diagnose what appears to be an HDMI related issue in my Home Theater.  

When watching a movie on blueray through our projector, the image will occasionally cut out for several seconds.  This happens at random and occurs maybe 2-4 times over the course of a movie.

The projector is connected to my receiver with a Monoprice Cabernet HDMI cable with redmere technology.  The cable length is 25' or 30'...i cant remember which length specifically.  

Does anyone else have this problem and know what might be the cause? 

I had the same problem with the Redmere Monoprice cable. I called them and they recommended their generic non Redmere

My cable run is 40' and since replacing, it has been flawless. I'll post a link shortly to the one I exchanged for. They are awesome accommodating returns and exchanges btw.

Here it is...

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024017&p_id=15646&seq=1&format=2

4 hours ago, Budman said:

i guess you could always take your blu ray player out of your rack and a separate hdmi cable and hook it up to see if it does the same thing.

could be a faulty disc.

The issue pops up regardless of which movie i'm watching so it's not the disk.

I also have a TV connected to the receiver via a separate HDMI cable and i never have issues while watching a movie on the TV.  

3 hours ago, Tasdom said:

I had the same problem with the Redmere Monoprice cable. I called them and they recommended their generic non Redmere

My cable run is 40' and since replacing, it has been flawless.

3 hours ago, totalcomfort said:

Had same issue, new cable fixed it.

Crap, this cable runs inside the wall and ceiling.  Replacing it could be a pain in the rear.  

On 3/2/2017 at 4:31 PM, FuzzyDog said:

Crap, this cable runs inside the wall and ceiling.  Replacing it could be a pain in the rear.  

yep. one of those things you must think about when passing cable. Not just for fautls but for technology upgrades every 10 or so  years.  I have a monoprice passive cable, 35ft..  all working well except for the connectors are so darn fragile.  

I passed mine thru the sofits with hopefully enough space to pull a new one if needed.  

Good luck!