Need Help on an Amp

Alrighty folks...I thought I had an extra amp in storage - but it was apparently stolen (yes, stolen...someone seriously stole an $80 amp and figured they got some amazing deal).  So now I need another amp for a build.

Things I need:

- I would prefer clean used.  I'd rather not buy new.  I just care that it's in good shape and works.

- 2 channels of clean power

- I do not need Bluetooth, but I do need a remote.

- Phono stage

- 3 Analog In's, 1 Optical In

- Tuner

This unit will be powering some Heresy III's.  Sources will be a turntable, an 8-track, and a tape deck.  I'd like an extra source for a 3.5 to a phone or something as well.

Next is cost...

I'd like to keep this below $300 if at all possible.  I'm hoping going used allows that to be more feasible. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on good units to accomplish this?  Or does anyone have any units that meet this criteria that they're looking to sell?

What are you going to drive with this amp?

If my Cambridge Audio 751BD sells soon, I may go ahead and sell my CA 640A v2 integrated amp(all analog) as well as my CA 840C CD player/Dac.  All are in great shape and have performed very well.

Bill

On 3/30/2017 at 3:34 PM, willland said:

What are you going to drive with this amp?

If my Cambridge Audio 751BD sells soon, I may go ahead and sell my CA 640A v2 integrated amp(all analog) as well as my CA 840C CD player/Dac.  All are in great shape and have performed very well.

Bill

How much might you be selling for?  PM?

Meanwhile - are there any thoughts on this Onk?

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/onktx8020/onkyo-tx-8020-2-x-50-watts-stereo-receiver/1.html

My reservation is that I've yet to meet an Onk that I've liked.

There's also the Emotiva PA-100 (Think it's the PA) that has 2 powered channels for $399...that's just more than I'd like to spend at this point.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, IbizaFlame said:

How much might you be selling for?  PM?

If I do sell, I would like to package the 640A with the 840C.  Plug and play.

49 minutes ago, IbizaFlame said:

I am not really fond of the 8020 but it's bigger brother TX-8050(replaced by 8160) I am fond of.  I have been driving my Heresy II's with it's Integra fraternal twin DTM-40.4 and for a few years now and I am more than pleased.  How pleased?  Well before the Integra I used a Luxman R-117 stereo receiver which is considered by many to be the finest stereo receiver of the 80's/early 90's.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/onktx8160/onkyo-tx-8160-2-x-80-watts-networking-stereo-receiver/1.html

Bill

3 minutes ago, willland said:

I am not really fond of the 8020 but it's bigger brother TX-8050(replaced by 8160) I am fond of.  I have been driving my Heresy II's with it's Integra fraternal twin DTM-40.4 and for a few years now and I am more than pleased.

What aren't you fond of, if I may ask?  Is the 8020->8160 difference in networking features and 30 extra watts mainly, or are the parts fundamentally better?

Still curious on that Cambridge combo - as I'd like to have a CD player on that system - and the only thing I have to offer right now is a Sony CDP-C85ES that's in rough shape.

13 minutes ago, IbizaFlame said:

What aren't you fond of, if I may ask?

That is funny.  I guess I have pretty much enjoyed most of the gear I own and have owned with the exception of a few pieces.

14 minutes ago, IbizaFlame said:

Is the 8020->8160 difference in networking features and 30 extra watts mainly, or are the parts fundamentally better?

Never heard them side by side but thought the 8020 sounded a bit flat and dull, kind of like an entry level stereo receiver.

17 minutes ago, IbizaFlame said:

Still curious on that Cambridge combo - as I'd like to have a CD player on that system

If my CA 751BD sells, which I am very surprised it hasn't, then I will part with the 640A/840C combo.  I don't want to have to sell the newly acquired Oppo BDP-105.  The Oppo replaces two pieces, the 751BD(BD, SACD, network music streaming) and the 840C(CD playback, DAC) which takes up two spots in my TV stand.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/169686-fs-cambridge-audio-751bd-60000/

Bill