What stereo amplifier to buy with RF-7 MKII?

david.dgc

15 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

David, here is a list of distributors of audio equipment that might be able to help you find a retailer or source for good new or used equipment.  I don't know how current the list is, but it's something to start with at least.  If you find a reputable retailer, I would certainly ask them if they have any components that have been traded in that may be available.

http://audiotools.com/en_dist_ch_a.html

And here is a thread from Head-fi (a headphones/accessories site) that discusses sources for good headphones, and these sources might be able to help you find what you are looking for in an amplifier.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/631517/audiophiles-gear-in-switzerland

I took a moment to look carefully to the site that you gave me and I found some that might be interesting.

I will contact them directly.

7 hours ago, Matthews said:

I have never had the opportunity to sample the MX-1000.  I have however owned several M-series Yamaha's as well as many other brand, high powered amplifiers.  Hands down, the Yamaha is my favorite amp to date.  This weekend, I will be playing with a Carver amp that a friend loaned to me.  I have heard from others, they are wonderful amps too.

An answer to your question, musically speaking -AWESOME- 

...with all the reserve power you could ever want to pump into your RF-7's   It may not be often but you will crank them babies up ever now and again :)

If you haven't noticed, I am a biased Yammy thumper...

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

Hello, 

I just made some research about this amp and i found that it has only one line in? Is this correct? I would have to buy a second amp to connect all my devices?

On my researches over internet (before coming here) I found several times, people saying that Yamaha amps are not suited for Klipsch speakers (musically speaking?)?

Honestly besides the quality of this amp, in therms of design it's not very appealing, this late 80's design with all this plastic...

1 hour ago, david.dgc said:

On my researches over internet (before coming here) I found several times, people saying that Yamaha amps are not suited for Klipsch speakers (musically speaking?)?

IMO, that is highly undeserved stigma that has been floating around the web for some time.  

Cheap Best Buy quality AVR's of the 90's and early 2000's with very revealing Klipsch speakers are most likely what has stoked that bad reputation.  I can assure you that my Yamaha A-S1000 integrated amp and the recently sold CR-2040 do not contribute to that bad publicity with Klipsch speakers.  

Bill

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, willland said:

IMO, that is highly undeserved stigma that has been floating around the web for some time.  

Cheap Best Buy quality AVR's of the 90's and early 2000's with very revealing Klipsch speakers are most likely what has stoked that bad reputation.  I can assure you that my Yamaha A-S1000 integrated amp and the recently sold CR-2040 do not contribute to that bad publicity with Klipsch speakers.  

Bill

If I buy this MX-1000 how i'm supposed to connect all my devices, if there is only one line in?

Sorry for the question that might seem "stupid" but I have no idea how setup this installation with this amp.

1 hour ago, david.dgc said:

I just made some research about this amp and i found that it has only one line in? Is this correct?

Yes, you are correct. This is a "stereo amplifier" (aka 2-channel) as referenced in your original question.  You must have a pre-amp, also know as a control amplifier to run a stereo amplifier (separates).

2 hours ago, david.dgc said:

I found several times, people saying that Yamaha amps are not suited for Klipsch speakers (musically speaking?)?

You are going to find this type of review and comments about most all generic type amplifiers.  This is not your typical, generic amplifier.  Example, I have had several Rotel amps that sound fantastic with my Klipsch.  At the same time, I had one power house Rotel that lasted mere days in my system, it sounded horrible.  Also, and I don't know why, there are Yamaha haters out there.

Honestly besides the quality of this amp, in therms of design it's not very appealing, this late 80's design with all this plastic...

The quality and design of the Yammy M-series is top notch (IMO).  This beast weighs over 50 pounds, that is not 50# of plastic...

I am not trying to convince you that this is the amplifier for you.  I like vintage Yamaha gear and just noticed this one is across the pond, perhaps a reasonable shipping distance to your door.  There are MANY fine amplifiers out there.  I think you may be looking for an integrated amplifier or a receiver rather than a stereo power amplifier.

1 hour ago, willland said:

+1 :emotion-21:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

6 minutes ago, Matthews said:

Yes, you are correct. This is a "stereo amplifier" (aka 2-channel) as referenced in your original question.  You must have a pre-amp, also know as a control amplifier to run a stereo amplifier (separates).

You are going to find this type of review and comments about most all generic type amplifiers.  This is not your typical, generic amplifier.  Example, I have had several Rotel amps that sound fantastic with my Klipsch.  At the same time, I had one power house Rotel that lasted mere days in my system, it sounded horrible.  Also, and I don't know why, there are Yamaha haters out there.

The quality and design of the Yammy M-series is top notch (IMO).  This beast weighs over 50 pounds, that is not 50# of plastic...

I am not trying to convince you that this is the amplifier for you.  I like vintage Yamaha gear and just noticed this one is across the pond, perhaps a reasonable shipping distance to your door.  There are MANY fine amplifiers out there.  I think you may be looking for an integrated amplifier or a receiver rather than a stereo power amplifier.

+1 :emotion-21:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

Thank you Matt, 

So I maybe didn't express me very well on my first post. I'm seeking for an amp to connect all my devices and my Klipsch speakers, 

The power amp stereo amplifier it's not a problem, if i set it up correctly, 

As far as I understood, I need for example, a CX-1000 to connect it to the MX-1000 to setup my devices?

I am all ears for another amp suggestions!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, david.dgc said:

The MX-1000 and the CX-1000 for about 1800eur.

https://www.cjm-audio.de/komplettanlagen/yamaha/

19 minutes ago, david.dgc said:

What do you think?

...this is one of the sweetest Yammy set ups I have ever seen  -  I would consider selling my Klipsch to get my hands on that!!!  I can always find more Klipsch  :o

4 minutes ago, Matthews said:

...this is one of the sweetest Yammy set ups I have ever seen  -  I would consider selling my Klipsch to get my hands on that!!!  I can always find more Klipsch  :o

They are described as "technically correct"... which can be all and nothing. Technically correct...

My question is if this equipment it's not in good conditions and I don't find somebody to fix it correctly.. Is it easy to find Yamaha technicians to give a second life to these devices?

8 minutes ago, david.dgc said:

They are described as "technically correct"... which can be all and nothing. Technically correct...

My question is if this equipment it's not in good conditions and I don't find somebody to fix it correctly.. Is it easy to find Yamaha technicians to give a second life to these devices?

If you are truly considering these units, I would strongly suggest you contact the seller directly for full details.  If they are a reputable merchant, they will be happy to answer any and all questions. 

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

edit: be SURE any unit you may consider is of the proper voltage for your area...

3 minutes ago, Matthews said:

If you are truly considering these units, I would strongly suggest you contact the seller directly for full details.  If they are a reputable merchant, they will be happy to answer any and all questions. 

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

I don't find an address on the site, only a phone number and e-mail. It's weird.

Buy it or buy them? :D 

To connect my cd player, vinyl player I need the CX-1000,no? (it's the connection between this 2 devices that isn't clear to me).

It's such an amount... I have to think carefully and explain it to my wife - when i first searched i have fixed a budget of 500-600dollars :D

Musically speaking, can anybody tell me how this amp sounds?

• Like 1

Buy it or buy them? :D 

To connect my cd player, vinyl player I need the CX-1000,no? (it's the connection between this 2 devices that isn't clear to me).

It's such an amount... I have to think carefully and explain it to my wife - when i first searched i have fixed a budget of 500-600dollars :D

Musically speaking, can anybody tell me how this amp sounds?

Both....you will love them...MX 1000....CX 1000 in that condition...

Buy them.

Here Are mine. MX -800U... C-70

George,

WP_20161119_001[1].jpg

• Like 2