New McIntosh Headphones for the GQ Crowd

thebes

Flipping  through a QG of all things in a doctors office and come across an an article on McIntosh's new headphones, something called the Pryma 1, a pretentious moniker if I ever heard one.

Their claim to fame is that you can customize them by swapping out the headbands and ear cushions I guess to properly match your bespoke suit.

Now me I'm wondering if they will be available in camo and tie-die.  Maybe they will make headbands with little blue dials on them.

Here's the info:

"Pryma 1 over-the-ear headphones combine audiophile sound and cutting-edge style. They're designed and handcrafted in Italy by Sonus faber — makers of fine speakers that grace museums and art galleries as well as living rooms all over the world. The Pryma 1's lightweight aluminum earcups and microfiber-lined genuine leather headband and ear cushions mean that these headphones are as comfortable as they are stylish. Different-colored headbands are available separately, and ear cushions will be out soon too, so you can swap these pieces out for a custom look."

On 4/28/2017 at 5:06 PM, thebes said:

Flipping  through a QG of all things in a doctors office and come across an an article on McIntosh's new headphones, something called the Pryma 1, a pretentious moniker if I ever heard one.

Their claim to fame is that you can customize them by swapping out the headbands and ear cushions I guess to properly match your bespoke suit.

Now me I'm wondering if they will be available in camo and tie-die.  Maybe they will make headbands with little blue dials on them.

Here's the info:

"Pryma 1 over-the-ear headphones combine audiophile sound and cutting-edge style. They're designed and handcrafted in Italy by Sonus faber — makers of fine speakers that grace museums and art galleries as well as living rooms all over the world. The Pryma 1's lightweight aluminum earcups and microfiber-lined genuine leather headband and ear cushions mean that these headphones are as comfortable as they are stylish. Different-colored headbands are available separately, and ear cushions will be out soon too, so you can swap these pieces out for a custom look."

Did Jimi Hendrix really put LSD on his headband before performing?

The subject of Hendrix and drugs has long been muddled. But some fans relish the notion that his technique for taking drugs was as inventive as his guitar playing: a popular rumor has long been that he would conceal LSD under his headband and let it enter his body through the pores of his forehead. (The story has variations: sometimes it’s heroin or cocaine that Hendrix had under the bandana; sometimes he’s supposed to have cut his brow to get the drugs into his bloodstream faster.)