Chorus 1.5 center

Ljk

Building a chorus center channel to go with my chorus 2, using a kappa c 15,  k 61,  and k79. Problem is I can not get the mid and tweeter on the same level as the mains or the TV will be to high. If build a box with an slghtly angled motherboard how would effect the sound. Do you think it would be better not to angle the mid and Tweet? 

The center channel tweeter will be about 2 inches below the 2 main speakers mid range, speakers will be appox 10 feet from sofa. So thoughts on an angled motherboard or straight?

Thanks!

Unless you're doing a permanent install I'd just mount the board straight and angle the whole speaker with a shim or something. Most of the larger center speakers come from the factory with adjustable / threaded feet for tilting the speaker up or down. This would future proof the center in case something changes and you need to adjust the angle of the tilt. Just my 2 cents anyway. Sounds like a cool project, would love to see pictures of the build if possible, good luck!

15 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Also , how did you come up with the kappa 15 as a replacement for the k-48? The stock woofer in the Chorus is 4ohms, isn't the kappa an 8ohm driver?

There are different versions of the kappa, the c is 4 ohm. Researched best I could but still kind of hit and miss as for a perfect match, the c seemed closest.

Feet might work but just build a TV console with room for my Academy center. Was planing on doing this center much later but when looking for an sw 12 II some how a k 61 and couple of k 79 pop into my cart. Feet might be the way to go might have to tear apart, re design the TV console. Still open to other suggestions. Thanks!