Home Theater and 2 Channel - How to switch between?

Lost240

OK, so I have La Scalas as my main home theater speakers and they sound great with my Pioneer elite SC-68 for movies. However, sometimes I would just like to listen to 2 channel (with a sub) through a tub amp. The 2 channel on the Elite is OK, but it does not allow me to use my subs in stereo mode. Short of having to switch the wires every time I want to do this, is there a speaker switcher I can use to keep them both hooked up? The same goes for the subwoofer. 

Thanks!

• Moderators

I have a Niles ABS-1 Automated Speaker Switcher w Power Supply that might work for you.  I purchased it as a lot but have never tested it.  PM your address if interested and I'll send it to you.

I use a Niles to switch between the L&R between my Emo 5 channel HT amp and my McIntosh 2 channel. I have the pre pro feeding one input to each sub and my MEN220 2 channel feeding the other input on the subs. I have the speakers connected to the center terminals on the Niles and the default to HT and the other output to the Mc amp. Any method you choose to apply 12 vdc to the Niles box to make the switch over.

Niles SPK-1.jpg

Niles switch.jpg