Reapers, Scorpions, Dragons, Padrons are in.....

jimjimbo

After some difficulty with seed germination (no idea why), finally got the seedlings out.  Weather looks to be cooperative.

Carolina Reapers, Trinidad Scorpions, Thai Dragons, Spanish Padrons, Jalabanero's (cross of Jalapeno/Habanero) Pepperoncini's.  Likely mid to late August for fruit.

Also put out two Sungold cherry tomatoes for the grandkids. 

IMG_4101 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4102 (Medium).JPG

• Like 4

• Moderators

They seem to be slow, maby all the cool weather late this spring ? The do love it when it get's hot.

I only started some of the peppers from last years seeds left in the pots, they are edible but I mostly grow them just in place of annuals.

When the plants freeze in winter they are left with the peppers hanging until they dry, then I break off the sticks and stems and leave some peppers in the pot, in spring I break open the dried peppers and sprinkle a little dirt on them and they grow.

I will go get some pics.

edit; Ipad pics, so not there are not very good, just a floodlight on for light. I thought it would be faster to just use a Ipad but the pic's suck.

These 3 pots are mixed with basket of fire and whatever the kind was that had purple peppers from last year ? 

They seem to be doing well but really didn't take off until the last couple of weeks, they now either have some new peppers or flowers. They are used just as annuals so there are many in each pot except that one pot which was a leftover after splitting up  another pot.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Moderators

The last pic is just some other pepper from last year, they point up instead of hanging like most peppers. The other on the right is some jalapenos seeds from last year that just volunteered, there was something else planted in that pot and they just took over, I didn't realize the seeds were in the dirt already. There is a baby philodendron plant under those pepper plants. 

image.jpeg