Center channel match for CF4?

Jirachi

I have pairs of CF-4, Cornwall I, Forte I, and Heresy I. If I use the Cornwalls up front I would use a Heresy as the center channel. (Is an Academy better?) But if I were to use the CF4, what would match best?

I'm moving in about a month and I'm curious if using any combination of these speakers as a 5.1 setup is ideal.

edited for clarity

Edited by hasstile@yahoo.com

Heresy 1 is the best center for a cornwall 1, then the academy, then the kv4 (I'm assuming you meant a kv4, but cf4 for a center). I'm not saying the academy is a better center the the kv4, just that it will timbre match the cornwalls better.

Oh woops, I wasn't very clear there.  I'll edit it after.  I do have a pair of CF4s as well as all of the above pairs. If I were to use CF4s as front mains, what would be an ideal center speaker?  And do CF4s play well with Forte/Cornwalls's as rears? I'll give it a go after I move, but just curious while I wait.

Edited by hasstile@yahoo.com

12 hours ago, Lost240 said:

Here is a shot of the KV4 with the CF4s

IMG_0292.JPG

I've been reminded of this story many times over the years but have never expressed it here. Sometime around 1994 I decided it was time to upgrade the HT system. I go to my local brick & mortar AV store many times looking at equipment. My local dealer was really bad about running really good sales about once a year.

I decide what I want and buy a 53" XBR TV, top-o-the line Sony ES receiver with front 3 channel pre-outs, an Acurus 100 X 3 amplifier (receiver front channel power switchable to rear), KG 5.5's, 2- SW12II subs, and a KV-2 (that's all he had for a center). Later upgraded to a KLF-C7. Motored along happily for about a year. Picked up the paper one day and saw a sale ad. Klipsch Epic CF-4's buy-one-get-one free, $1249 each. I grab the phone and call my man and ask if he has a pair of CF-4's in Walnut (or maybe it was Cherry). Yes I do he said. I'll be there shortly.

I get there and he goes to the back to get the CF-4's. After about 30 minutes he comes back and says he could only find 1 speaker. We both go to the back and look. No luck. I go home.

This happened to me 3 times over the years. WTF? The last time I bought the single (KSP-300) for practically nothing. I still have it wrapped in storage, for probably 15 years now.

Every time I see someone post pictures here of CF-4's I think about my experience as I oogle the pictures.

Sweet. Enjoy them.

Keith