New RF-82 ii Speakers purchased for unreal price!

Normally I do a lot of research before purchasing a set of speakers, but sometimes a sale price is too good to resist.

My local audio store had a "one time only/one pair only" deal on new, in-sealed-boxes, RF-82 ii speakers: $620 USD / $800 CAD (Yes, that price was for the pair!).

I had no opportunity to demo them, but the lowest  price I have ever seen these in Canada was $1,400 for the pair, so this was a "no-brainer" purchase (Normally they sell for upwards of $1,800 CAD!)

I recently moved my old PSB Stratus Gold i speakers out of my smaller listening room and into my larger AV room where they no longer have any accentuated bass bloom.

The RF-82 ii is not much smaller, but in my listening room the bass seems tighter and more realistic for acoustic bass and kick drum.

Having never owned a speaker with horn tweeters, I was a little worried about "beaming", but with judicious toe-in and placement, the horns provide more detail and better imaging than the PSB dome tweeters.  They were a little strident at first, but after a "break-in" period (50% for me and 50% for the speakers) they are really growing on me.

For the money, I don't think that I could have found a better speaker!

Primary Use: 75% Music vs. 25% TV

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I should clarify that I have had speakers with a hybrid dome/horn before.  My JBL Studio 230 speakers have what JBL calls a 1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver and High Definition Imaging (HDI) Waveguide , but this is really a dome tweeter recessed in a shallow horn.  Imaging is pretty good, but the high frequency shimmer of cymbals and the tinkle of bells has a slightly artificial quality.  These have currently been relegated to surround duty, but they are still a great primary listening speaker for small rooms.

I'm finding the RF-82 ii great for classic rock and electronic music.

But, what I am really enjoying most, is "rediscovering" the detail in all of my accoustic recordings.