Shipping of big/heavy heritage speakers

kjohnsonhp

I called the Service By Air number mentioned on this board a few times, and they informed me that new FAA regulations prevent them from accepting shipping requests from individuals.

So I assume that leaves us with UPS, FedEx, etc. FedEx ground is relative affordable but they require the speakers to be packaged and at over 100lbs only ship to business addresses. Properly packaging the speakers is a challenge. MailBox,etc. could bubble wrap and box but I really like the idea of a pallet.

Any other suggestions?

Except for the small Heresy model, you can just package them up and palletize them and ship them by somebody like good ole ABF freight, as loose freight, and they will get to you in a few days...no big deal at all!! Save yourself some time and money and tell hem to call when it arrives at the terminal, and go take em off the pallet and haul em home...ABF has terminals everywhere!!

------------------

I can now receive private messages

I recently shipped my beloved 100 pound Cornwalls half way across the country with UPS. They came to my house and they delivered to a home adress. You can not arrange pick-up over the Internet - this results in a bill, but not a pick-up. The packages can not be more than 130 inches total in three dimensions (HxWxL). They must have one to two inches of Styrofoam and cardboard packaging, which was a greater pain than shipping them was. Delivery took a week and receipt of the COD took two weeks.

UPS (not less than 130 total inches, free pick-up)

Guaranteed by End of Day estimated 3 Days (picked up a day late, Tuesday afternoon)

Total Rate (USD): $123.15 with COD fee and insurance for $450 ea.

UPS Ground

4.gif