Can We and Klipsch Help With the Cuban Sonic Attacks

thebes

I'm sure everybody has heard by now of the permanent hearing damage being done to our own, and Canadian diplomats, by what they assume is some sort of sonic attack.

Details are sketchy, but maybe we should be offering up our expertise, and I mean this very seriously.  When it comes to sound, and the science of sound, we have many people here who not only fit the bill, but who know many others of equal talent they could reach out to.  Not to mention Klipsch and their talent base.

Details are terribly sketchy and closely held as usual when it comes to intelligence and diplomacy.  Bureaucrats instinctively shy away from outside help, preferring to reach out with contracts to the usual high tech suspects. Or, sadly they already know the answer but can't or won't let us know.

But think about it for a minute. From what little that can be gleaned, there's no reports of dogs and cats going nuts during these attacks, so probably not a high-pitched assault.  Which leads me to believe  maybe mid-high  distortion with a very focused locus. Or maybe some sort of cascading affect.

So think about it guys.  Look into what info's available.  Maybe going outside the box of establish expertise may actually help in this case. 

I, for a rarity on this Forum, am being completly serious with this.

If something worth passing along develops, I and, a couple of others here probably can make sure it gets to the right people.

I'll probably also post this in 2 Channel just to get some extra eyeballs on it. If someone here could also pass this along to our talent at Klipsch it would be appreciated.

• Thanks 1

Do we now know it was a sonic attack? 

When I was in high school, when dinosaurs roamed the earth, there was a news story about the gov. asking a speaker company (which will remain nameless; not Klipsch) if an audio bomb would be feasible.  It would be a clean bomb, and not really a bomb, but it was meant to knock down buildings by way of sympathetic resonances, so It must have been low frequency.  I don't know what their answer was.  Later, we heard that the Armed Services used the bright silver orange juice squeezer super tweeter by the same loudspeaker company to cut lab grass and paper by sending very high frequencies through it, but they couldn't get it to do anything useful, other than make music.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thebes said:

But think about it for a minute. From what little that can be gleaned, there's no reports of dogs and cats going nuts during these attacks, so probably not a high-pitched assault.  Which leads me to believe  maybe mid-high  distortion with a very focused locus. Or maybe some sort of cascading affect.

The calling card of a Bose Acoustimass attack for sure.