SOLD Klipsch KG 5.5

gottajam

SOLD

BTW - These would make an fantastic Christmas gift (wink wink)!   

WTS one pair Klipsch KG 5.5. I am the original owner, bought them in 1998. At one time I thought I had "blown" them and purchased their replacements and have been sitting for a few years in a closet inside the house (climate controlled etc...). I finally got around to trying to check them out and get them running. I bought a pair of Crites Titanium tweeter diaphragms. That was the problem all along. Wife was giving me the evil eye though saying why didn't we just try to fix them years ago instead of buying those big a** speakers we have now (Palladiums). I did not have a good answer, but I got me some Palladiums though (HEHE).

They are in great shape as you can see in the pics. There is a ding in one of the corners and a couple very minor nicks. I captured the nicks so as you can see they're very few and very minor for speakers this age. The grills and frame are also in great shape. The top of both speakers is a little faded compared to the rest of the speakers. I do not know why, they were never in sunlight shining through a window and nothing was ever placed on top of the speakers. I cared about them very much.

I am asking for $600 (PRICE LOWERED TO $500). I cannot ship them though, so it would have to be local pick up. You are welcome to come to my home and audition them before purchase if you wish. Or I would be willing to travel 50 miles from Savannah GA. If you wish to see specific pics other than the ones I already have please feel free to ask.   

AZHW75V.jpg
jHm5012.jpg
8dYENNx.jpg
LnVMhRQ.jpg
3qTuk4h.jpg

Tai2WGp.jpg
fyQSkhd.jpg
IxnQgBD.jpg
pOnvrIN.jpg
T2Y75Uh.jpg

Duh! Newb mistake. I have them and just need to take the horns back out and install the plugs. 

Grizzg, thank you very very much for your response and kindly pointing this out to me. Once agin, being a member of this forum has taught me a lesson.

I will install the plugs and upload the applicable pics.  

• Like 1

On 10/6/2017 at 10:19 AM, Gnote said:

They look well cared for :D

The first Klipsch I ever owned  and in my opinion the most underrated Klipsch speaker . 

GLWS !

I agree, I have these in my office with the titanium tweeters and they are a really fun set of speakers. They are very 'open' and kick out a ridiculous amount of bass. I work from home and every Friday afternoon I crank them up at the end of the day and always end up with a mischievous smile on my face.  If anyone is into electronic music especially, I would recommend these over almost any other line from Klipsch.

GLWS

• Like 2