Zxpc horn

Ljk

I am still using this horn with k-55s at the moment.  Will be upgrading to a bi-amp/tri-amp setup soon using the B&C De750TN as a midrange.  This will probably happen in the next month or two.  As a standalone upgrade, I think it sounds considerably better than a k-400, even while using adapters which are less than ideal.  Keep in mind, I have done no measurements; I'm basing this purely on listening.  To me, it sounds much better, and I don't hear any obvious frequency response problems.  I always found the k-400 to be very harsh sounding.  I'll have more information on this when I get a minidsp and measurement mic.  I should be able to get some decent measurements of my current setup before I start making changes.

9 hours ago, Tarheel TJ said:

I am still using this horn with k-55s at the moment.  Will be upgrading to a bi-amp/tri-amp setup soon using the B&C De750TN as a midrange.  This will probably happen in the next month or two.  As a standalone upgrade, I think it sounds considerably better than a k-400, even while using adapters which are less than ideal.  Keep in mind, I have done no measurements; I'm basing this purely on listening.  To me, it sounds much better, and I don't hear any obvious frequency response problems.  I always found the k-400 to be very harsh sounding.  I'll have more information on this when I get a minidsp and measurement mic.  I should be able to get some decent measurements of my current setup before I start making changes.

So you are still passive and using lascala as a 3way set up? Active would be nice with a mini dsp. Just trying to get some ideas, I want to be built something with mine next month. I am thinking a quarter pie with a zxpc and maybe criters tweeters? I have no real experience building a passive xover but I was wondering how hard it would be modify a khorn or lascala xover, could be an interesting learn experience.  Guessing with the holidays nobody has tried anything yet. 

Great thanks! Might have to look into lascala and khorn passives and see if I can match a xover and  speakers. Quarter pie with a kappa c, zxpc horn with a 2 inch driver ( k 69 maybe) and crites tweeters, type A, AA, or AL

Xover  maybe?

Maybe someone else will jump in after the holidays.