Which Monster Cable should I use?

Kain

I used the standard OMC (Original Monster Cable)12ga. and it did just fine till I had to move the whole system every six months. I used to find it at Radio Shack for about 50 to 60 cents a foot two years ago.

HOWEVER, if you plan on bi-wiring later on it'll get very tight around the binding posts on your Denon.

I used a monster custom install "CL Rated Monster XPHP Clear Jacket - Advanced Speaker Cable" and am completely satisfied. Good Guys has it for 0.75 per feet. The good thing is the + and - conductors are twisted pair, and it also can be used in-wall.

Vladi

I am using 12 gauge monster cable as well. The original stuff. I used to have both the M and Z series stuff, but that didn't work with my mcintosh amp's connections. I kinda have to say get the OMC, the z and m series aren't really any more advanced. Or at least I couldn't tell a difference. The 12 gauge OMC sounds pretty good, and I got a 80 foot spool of it for 70 bucks.

CABLE - CABLE - CABLE - CABLE

BLA - BLA - BLA - BLA..

I use to run over priced speaker wire to my Khorns. I currently am running the cheap 12GA (30 cents per foot) from Home Depot.

There is no difference in sound what-so-ever from different 12 GA single feed wires.

I have run many tests using different wires and setups.

12 GA is as small as I would ever go.

Im going to shut up now and leave before this thread tailspins.

JM

Kain-

From the links you put up it looks closer to the second one. The jacket is clear (though it will yellow over time) but the one in the picture looks smaller in diameter. I would avoid buying it pre-cut and in individual Monster packaging if you can help it (I think it just adds to the cost unduly). You need to find someone that sells it off a large roll and will cut it the length you need. It's a lot cheaper that way. I've never found such rolls at say Best Buy or like stores but then again, I've never been to Tweeter. I would just look for the biggest Radio Shack store you can find. If you do go to a hardware type store (Home Depot for instance) make sure that the name "Monster Cable" is stamped on the clear jacketing. And if it's 12ga as well you should be o.k.

----------------

On 10/3/2002 11:45:23 PM j-malotky wrote:

CABLE - CABLE - CABLE - CABLE

BLA - BLA - BLA - BLA..

I use to run over priced speaker wire to my Khorns. I currently am running the cheap 12GA (30 cents per foot) from Home Depot.

There is no difference in sound what-so-ever from different 12 GA single feed wires.

I have run many tests using different wires and setups.

12 GA is as small as I would ever go.

Im going to shut up now and leave before this thread tailspins.

JM----------------

Ya know I have that AVIA DVD that helps newbies with home theater, they say the EXACT same thing... No need to go buy expensive speaker wire. Also that many very expensive home theaters have been built using standard 12 gauge speaker wire from your local hardware store.

And to think, I almost let that chump at Good Guys talk me into buying a set of $200.00 speaker cables for just the 2 front speakers. Another $80.00 on the center speaker cable.

"And to think, I almost let that chump at Good Guys talk me into buying a set of $200.00 speaker

cables for just the 2 front speakers. Another $80.00 on the center speaker cable."

sorta reminds me of shoe salesman selling you fancy shoe strings along w/ your new shoes. & they make much bigger commissions on those impulse/add-on items. 2.gif