WTB KD-15

Dave A

• 2 years later...

@Dave A how did this work out? Were you able to get the weight exactly where it was on the original cone?

To all, I just got a quote from Klipsch on the KD-16 model passive and they are 149.99 each 😯 That’s too much. I sent another Email asking if they had any KD-15 left but I doubt it. Anyone I have asked advice about the simply speaker kit say to make sure the weight is exactly in the same place. 

It worked fine and I don't know about exact but then it never was that way new. It's not rocket science and the important thing is the weight. I have no way of knowing how close to true OEM spec rebuild kits are though and I have to wonder if they are just close and how close. All I can tell you is I fixed the old passive with something that looked like the original one and it sounded good.

You can forget about the old accordion folded surrounds from Klipsch. The new ones Klipsch recommends  are rubber but at least they have a part to sell you now. For a long time they had nothing.