What amps do you use for your RF-3II's?

zandern

Well? I am asking because I would like to get one for mine. It would mostly be used for music and a little bit of HT. I want one to increase the bass output when playing my music. Just want to hear some responses on how people feel their amps make their speakers sound. So when you respond please include the make and model # of your amp. Thanx

I don't have RF-3's (have sf-2's), but I'm using a Mcintosh amp, and I really like how it makes it sound. Nice and dynamic, certainly a leap from the receiver I have. I am using it with a B&K preamp, which runs around 650 retail, but I found it for about 480 I think. The mcintosh I got used for around 700.

Hi Z,

I added A used Rotel RB 976 (Now Sold As Rmb 1066) 6 ch. amp to my Pioneer D906S\Klipsch R3 set-up. At first I hooked it up 150 watts X the Front 3, I noticed Louder Volumes, Bigger Better Dynamics, And Little Better Bass Response. The Rears Off The Pioneer seemed to hit alot harder. Home Theater Is Great. But, My Music playback still sucked!!!

I then Ordered a New Parasound P\PH-850 2CH. Pre, and ran it and the Rotel+RF-3II's for music. I noticed Huge Bass Response (50% Better) & Very Loud Volumes\Dynamics. I later tried The Rotel hooked Directly to cd player without the pre and got same response, bass and all. (Duh, this Rotel has volume pots)

15.gif My music still sucked!!!

Members Here on The Klipsch Forum Suggested I get a new Cd source. (Thanx Guys!!) 16.gif I Was running a 10 year old Technics Cd Changer, and Like You I found that My Aiwa DVD player sucked at Music playback (MP3 & Movie Playback is aight). So, I ordered a Cambridge Audio D500SE Cd Player. After break-in things improved across the board!!! Bigger soundstage, low distortion, Airy presentations and the Improvements from above (Dynamics, Loudness and Bass).

I now can say that I'm pretty Happy with my set-up. I have a great Theater & Music system. If your Cd player is up to the task??? Then a Outboard 2-7 CH. Amp should net you the same type results. Just shoot for at least 150-200 watter(per ch.) Or You'll end up like me Changing Chit every other week(do I bi-amp, do I bridge, Do I bi-wire, or do I run 3X60 for Klipsch & run 2x60 paradigm? It's mind boggling)14.gif

So, If You want better dynamics, Bass & volume??? GET A AMP!!!!

If you want better music playback??? DOUBLE CHECK YOUR CD SOURCE, THEN GET A AMP!!!!

Even if you can or can't afford one??? GET A AMP!!!

Just do alittle research\auditioning before you buy one!

Don't forget about the used markets: www.audiogon.com

www.ebay.com

Enjoy,

J

Sounds like you're determined to get an amp.

Since you are cutting to the sub, I don't see where an amp is going to make a substantial difference on the low end. You might change the signature of the bass a little, but it's not going to justify the money for the new amp. You will get a better sound overall, but you shouldn't be expecting a jaw dropping difference with the bass.

Upgrade your sub.