WTB: Chorus, Quartet, Forte, CF, or KG 4.2 in NY Metro Area

Charlie Hustle

So I am looking for a pair of any of the above listed speakers.  Ideally I would like to find a pair of chorus or forte though I am open to a quartet, cf,  or certain kg models.  Let me know what you guys got lying around. Im located in St James Long Island NY.  I will drive a decent distance for the right pair ( 200 miles each way).  Not really looking to go the craig's list route.  Thank you everyone for your time.  

So I am left with bit of a conundrum in terms of what to buy.   When I started this search I was looking for a tower that I could double as a DJ monitor in my home.  The small KRK rockit 6's I own just can't keep up to all the klipsch I have going in the same room.   Also, I currently have 2 sony towers i have been looking to swap out.  They cant keep up with the klippy's either.  I can address both of these problems at the same time 

Ideally i was looking for a forte or chorus and was going to place it right on top of my subwoofer, some other models that have caught my eye's were the klf, cf 4's and kg 3.2, 4.2, 5.2's.   

Now the conundrum:  The above stated Cornwall 2's or a pair of Kg 4.2's.

I own a pair of 84 Cornwalls and absolutly love them.  I have owned a pair of kg 3.2 and I really liked them too.  The 4.2's have the perfect footprint, I don't have much to move around at all.  The height of the horn is a little higher than my ear level which means I will no longer have a problem picking up the signal. 

The cornwall's are a bigger footprint and not a tower, so why are they in the equation you may ask.  As you guys know things can always be moved around.  I also own a pair of Heresy 2's, one of them could be moved to on top of the subwoofer and accomplish what I want I was looking for (the horn is right at ear level).  Where the Heresy currently is I would drop a one of the cornwall's.  The "Musical Chairs" continues for a bit until the sony's are left on the outside.

Here are the two possible setups:

4 x cornwalls (set of 1's and 2's)                      2 x Cornwall i's 

2 x Heresy ii's                                                       2 x Heresy ii's               

1 x KG 2.2                                                             1 x KG 2.2

1 x KG 2                                                                1 x KG 2

2 x kg 4.2's

So the cornwall's proximity is much closer than the kg 4.2's,  I don't have to leave Long Island.  The kg's are in Connecticut which is not too far either but the cost of getting them escalates from the original price especially if I take the ferry across the Long Island Sound.   I think about 200$ separates the two choices.  So better sound, less travel headache & more money ( + musical chairs galore ) or  Perfect footprint, less money, & more travel, still great sound but not 4 corny's running.......

I think I have weighed all the pluses and minuses.... Let's hear your thoughts.

Last but not least a picture of the area I was looking to address.  

image1.jpeg