New Klipsch 'Heritage' Amp & Pre-Amp

Khorn

There has been a comment on the forums that Mondial was thinking about a power amp specifically designed for horn systems. Maybe that is what you are asking about. Where did you hear about it? I don't remember a pre-amp being mentioned, but it's a logical extension.

John

Hey John, where did you get the mug shot? heh...

Topic related, it will be interesting to see how Mondial goes about building a solid state amp dedicated to a 100-104db horn speaker, something they have not dabbled in whatsoever in their past designs, pre-Klipsch involvment. I hope they dont just make a model and then call it "Heritage" but it wouldnt surprise me too much. Also, and I am sure the Klipsch people know this; how many people from the original Mondial design group are still involved? I really know nothing of that whole shift and the changes.

I was told about it by my Klipsch connection here in Toronto. What I do know is that they are supposed to be "High End" products designed specifically to drive the Heritage line of speakers. I presume we are talking SS here. After many years I have settled on a combo of tube preamp and 60 wpc SS 'pure class 'A' type amp and I am very satisfied with the results. Info on the new Heritage electronic line is supposed to be available as early as next week.