Oh my, I just used one of my Klipsch RF-7s as a subwoofer

Kain

Yeah, LOL!

You know the Creative DeskTop Theater speakers? Yeah, those ones. They come with a so-called "subwoofer." Instead of connect their amp to the "subwoofer," I connect the wire to the LF post of one of my RF-7s. WOW! These babes have some SERIOUS bass of their own! And this was with only a computer speaker amp!! There were some "pops" and so I stopped. I only did this for like 5-10 mins. Now I have disconnected it and re-attached the orignal "subwoofer."

I can't wait to get the Denon AVR-4802 to see what these babies can really do! 9.gif

Dude, don't do this kind of stuff with $2k speakers! Either go and get a cheap $199 reciever or wait until the Denon arrives, your gonna really mess something up one of these times. Those computer systems may run on a different Ohm load than the RF-7 does, and it may not be the best thing to run the Rf-7 off it. If you really want to know how they sound, I'll email you my address, send them to me and I'll tell you. 9.gif

Just keep them wrapped up until you have a "real" reciever.

i think what we have here is a low powered amp being over driven to clipping. that could damage your speak's tweeter voice coils more than anything. ok to use a low power amp, but not ok to drive it to clipping.

best to use a high power amp to avoid clipping when you want louder.

Kain,

The POS PC speaker amp module you were using has as much power as a good headpone amp. LOL

You will not damage the woofers in the RF-7's,these bastards can take a whoopin from an amp,the only part you can stress is the cheapo Uncreative amp.

Get a real receiver or ATI 1505 to power these RF-7's,then you will feel the power.BTW buy the 4802 first and then add an ATI 2505.Ha,or get the best receiver going the Pioneer 49,has it all plus does not cost more then the Denon 5803.

BTW stop using cheap Uncreative pieces of poop to power quality speakers,its a shame.If you have the money for good speakers buy a great receiver or pre/pro with a power amp.