Denon AVR Switching Problem

rplace

I'll try to be brief but this has had me stumped for a while. I've always though it was my Harmony Hub and Harmony Home Control remote. Now I think it *might* be my AVR. My set up consist of:

• Panasonic Plasma 55 TV mounted to a wall it shares with my home office
  • Denon AVR 3311ci AVR
  • Cheap Panasonic BD Player BDT120
  • Popcorn Hour media player
  • Currently Dish Satellite service (Same problem with DirecTV)
  • Klipsch In-wall L/C/R and ceiling mount surrounds (not that the speakers matter for my current problem)

Here is the connections

• Popcorn Hour HDMI direct to Denon AVR on HDMI Game In
  • BD Player HDMI direct to Denon AVR on HDMI BD In
  • Panasonic TV HDMI input #1 to HDMI keystone jack on great room wall >> in wall HDMI to HDMI keystone jack home office wall >> HDMI to Monitor #1 out of Denon AVR
    • Yes that is a lot to type but just think of it as a long-ish HDMI cable form TV to AVR. Reasonably certain the various keystone connections are not the problem based on lots of trial and error
    • TV never need to have input switched from HDMI 1 Denon AVR should do all the switching

To be clear the TV is in one room and all the equipment is in my home office. Nice clean look all cables in wall, all speakers in wall, nothing under TV (no equipment or AV furniture). This is my main living space. I have a dedicated HT in the basement with Khorns and separates so please don't hate on the in-walls. 

I have the Harmony remote set up to turn all devices on/off as needed. Manually  I can make everything work as you would expect. Play any BD or CD on the Blu-Ray player, watch satellite TV or play any media on the popcorn hour. With the remote I can successfully enter the room with nothing turned on and watch whatever was successfully last playing with zero problems. That is if I was last watching TV and I hit the TV button on the remote or Watch TV button on my mobile phone the Harmony will flawlessly turn everything on as expected. When I hit the single off button everything turns off as expected.

The problem I have is, if I am successfully watching TV and say I want to switch to the BD player (or popcorn hour). Proper devices will switch on/off as needed but the TV will report no signal. If I turn everything off and hit the "Movie" button again, everything will power on and BD player will have signal to TV. I can now turn the entire system off and back on to BD player as many times as I like with zero problems. What I can't do is switch back to TV (or popcorn hour) with BD system up and running. I will again get report form TV that there is no signal.

So success with any time I want to watch - turn off, watch - turn off, watch - turn off, etc the same source

Never success watching 1 source and switching to another *OR* watching 1 source turning it off and watching a different source. I always have to turn the system off a second time and start up that different source again.

Today I swapped HDMI cables (thinking handshake problem), updated remote software, deleted remote software reinstalled, reset network. Eventually I eliminated the remote complete and narrowed it down to this:

If I have the system up and running with any source and use the Denon remote or the AVRs selector dial to switch to a different source that is powered up or turned off the TV will report no signal weather that source is on or not. No matter if the source is on or I turn it on after switching manually on the AVR I have to turn the only the Denon off then back on to get that new source to play.

Any ideas???

Just saw this post from mention in your other thread.

I had a similar issue when I first got my harmony remote and hub.  The fix for me was changing the order in which my devices powered up. Try making the TV first (or last) depending on it's current position for that activity. It's been a while but I might of added a delay in between sequences as well. I'd have to check when I get home to see.

I had same or similar problems with a harmony remote I bought. I finally gave up, luckily the harmony was <$100. But I really thought my problem was the harmony could not penetrate the smoke glass panels on my cabinet and i started looking into getting an additional IR sensor and re-transmitters but then said F this, I've got real things to do.

17 hours ago, TasDom said:

Just saw this post from mention in your other thread.

I had a similar issue when I first got my harmony remote and hub.  The fix for me was changing the order in which my devices powered up. Try making the TV first (or last) depending on it's current position for that activity. It's been a while but I might of added a delay in between sequences as well. I'd have to check when I get home to see.

Thanks for the reply, prior to posting I did spend many hours reprogramming the Harmony to turn on in different orders and include various delays. I always though the problem was with the Harmony. That is why I mentioned that if I remove the harmony from the equation and....for example.....have the TV playing and switch the denon to Blu-Ray and use either the Denon remote or Denon's physical knob it still won't work. Denon will show BD as the source on its display but TV reports "No Source". If I do nothing but turn Denon off and back on via the power button BD is playing/displaying just fine.