First Watt B1 / SOLD

richieb

Nelson Pass built First Watt B1 buffered passive preamp. Two inputs, twin L/R volume pots. I had Nelson Pass install two volume pots with a shallower slope for use with high eff. Klipsch 

speakers. They now have a very nice taper opposed to strong volume at 7-8 o'clock. True First Watt build not DIY. As with all my gear - looks new. As you might imagine completely silent.

No power cord for wall transformer. Transformer is captive to the unit as built. 

Ships from 66226 - SOLD

IMG_0029.JPG

1 hour ago, Schu said:

What is the female configuration on the transformer?

Do you have any idea what NP uses for attenuation on the volume pots?

I am struggling to find any internal photographs.

Transformer is hard wired into B1; you might make out in the photo the standard IEC connection for the transformer to wall.

I gave NP my speaker preferences and he installed the pots he thought appropriate. I might have something in emails, not sure he actually confirmed what he did. And no, I did not question his choice --

Guest wdecho
On 4/8/2018 at 1:36 PM, Schu said:

Do you have any idea what NP uses for attenuation on the volume pots?

I am struggling to find any internal photographs.

Pots are 25K as shipped from Firstwatt. Here is some info. Not much inside, there are pictures on the web but I have not searched for it. Truly a good deal at $500. It is what I use more than any other preamplifier for my many amplifiers. No gain though, only buffer. 

https://www.passdiy.com/pdf/B1 Buffer Preamp.pdf