SOLD JFLessard 6SN7 Tube Preamp

rplace

Purchased from the original owner earlier this year. It has 3 inputs and both a high-z and low-z output. No turn table step-up/preamp, this is a line stage only. 6SN7 tubes in the signal path. Push Pull Shunt Regulated. Not sure what else I can answer on the technical front but ask away, I'll do my best. The wood work is really nice I was told it came from a downed 100 year old Walnut tree from a Canadian church. I doubt that helps the sound but it sure looks pretty.

Comes with a ton a great, vintage tubes:

• 3 X Vintage 5AR4 rectifier tubes from the 50s (gotta love the look of them)
  • 1 X Rogers 5AR4 Rectifier
  • 2 x Rogers 6SN7 GTB (These sound sweet)
  • 2 X Sovtek 6SN7 (Russian made not vintage)

Beautiful hand wired all point to point under the hood. Volume knob is on the left and input selector is on the right. Both have a very high quality feel to them. Please see the close up shot of the back. The designer felt that copper was a superior top plate (reasons I don't fully understand) but copper is pretty soft. During shipping from Canada to the U.S. the transformer deformed the copper plate pushing it in slightly. I tried to take close up shot from the back and edited the photo with markings. Please look closely and ask any questions. I worked for UPS for 9 years as a supervisor in the operations of unloading, sorting, and loading. I know how to pack a box that will survive anything short of being run over. No worries from my door to yours.

I'd like to move it fast so asking a very reasonable $750 net to me. I paid quite a bit more, but with a 3rd preamp inbound I have to draw the line somewhere. Sounds fantastic, you won't be disappointed. Seems like a good way to test the tube waters if you are so inclined and not have to turn around and hunt down some vintage tubes. Flexible on payment options so you pick how you want to receive it.

If you want different angles or high rez pix shoot me off a PM. Tough with the size limits here. Tons of transactions on the forum here. Ask if you need some references.

5ae888d4450b0_001FrontTop(Medium).thumb.jpg.6d23a19888a48040f6e6f16a6e289867.jpg

5ae888dc7edb0_002LEft(Medium).thumb.jpg.7fc44667afcdf03ac9c4068995c0fd1d.jpg

5ae888e211df0_003Back(Medium).thumb.jpg.ea6f8f9eaa41ce73ae5a8a6c988f1a8a.jpg

5ae888e91e5f0_004Right(Medium).thumb.jpg.bf6554c87771ea4e9f9f137254716b89.jpg

5ae88a2e87be0_006BackClose_LI(Medium).thumb.jpg.7332ed86089dbda08056d13e38786872.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Schu said:

Someone needs to try this pre out... it sounds like it would be a great performer.

Kind of surprised at the lack of interest given the price. I figured at 1/2 off the original price I bought it for (which in December/January people were surprised it was not snapped up) it would go quickly.

Lots of Klipsch forum history, so I would like to see it stay here. The slightly pushed in copper top in no way detracts from the great sound. It's unfortunate, but at the back of the unit and not very visible. From the inside you can push it right back out with your thumbs, but it won't stay back in place. If you were handy at all I think it be a simple fix. About 15-20 screws to detach all the electronics from the top-plate.

It sounds sweet. Really nice build quality and finish on the wood. Big beefy transformer and simple design with just 3 inputs, selector, volume and Hi/Lo Z output. The only reason I'm selling is because I have 3 preamps and two of them are 6SN7 based. My other is a Wright WLA12A and I have the matching monoblocks. I don't want to split up the Wright Trio just yet.

If anyone is interested that already has a great collection of vintage tubes I'll let it go for less with no tubes. However, it sounds really sweet with the old Rogers and the coke bottle 5AR4 tubes from the 40s.