Wtb Klipschorns

sammey

2 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

High end Klipsch would be Palladiums and Jubilees. Why don't dealers carry those? Are they afraid of pissing off the Limeys?

I have to wonder about dealer incentives more than anything. There are surely enough Klipsch fans to support such things here. But if B&W offers dealers say stocking no charge for demonstrators and lets them keep more of the gross sales in their pockets why in the world wouldn't they prefer that which makes them more money.

After listening to HiFi Buys sad top end sound systems there is no doubt in my mind if side by side one could compare B&W to KHorns and up Klipsch could sell their better sound quite easily. The B&W 12,500 and 22,000 $ systems were less than a pair of LSI's sitting on top  of a pair of KP480's I had when I visited them last year. I mean WAY less. But the B&W had that $1,000 diamond tweeter diaphragm so as long as they could sell that card stating that along with the system it would be good to impress your less than knowledgeable friends with.

When I went to see Cory's Jubilee system with it's price tag this system would have ended B&W sales to anyone who valued audio over ego. Audio is a strange world to me where let's disregard the result of what we bought if we can first brag about what we spent on it being such a common trait.

I think the reason dealers don't carry them is simple. 

The jubilee is a commercial/pro audio offering and not intended for home use. Realistically, it would need a scaled down horn (the K-402 is not practical for home use due to its size and the K-510 more reasonable in size but needs to be a bit bigger to keep the dispersion better controlled). My guess is that it is fairly expensive to do the design and build the mold etc for production of a new horn. Once the cosmetics were done for the Jubilee, even if were along the lines of being "Klipschorn -style", the price tag would be sky high. Realistically, what is the market for these, especially since Klipsch chooses not to put much marketing into them?

The Palladium is even simpler, my understanding is that those are a discontinued model/series. My guess is that was an economic/business decision. 

The Jubilee can be made to work in a home environment. There have been different strategies on how to dress them up or disguise them. It takes some creativity and DIY skills and I doubt it could be easily done in the factory unless the customer wants to pay for a huge price tag.