Home Theater set up for TV...?

SilverSport

• Moderators
7 hours ago, silversport said:

it seems to be the poor broadcast quality of some stations that I listen to...I have noticed on some that the receiver shows 2.0 instead of anything 5.1 or better...

True, I see that alot it seems to do more with the station.Seems like some stations sound quality is low on there priorities, strange thing is some channels can be in 5.1 and still have terrible sound, seems like there are no standards, kind of like recordings.

Like NFL football, to me NFL network is only OK at best, same football on a local channel is much better ?

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, silversport said:

nice to hear the differences in DVD and Blu-Ray...I also seem to prefer DTS in all it's versions over DD...thanks everyone for your insight and help...always tweaking ;)

Bill

I heard the same differences also.

A Good while back one of the daughters brought over a DVD movie, Burlesque, it sounded good, probably 6 months later another one brought the Blu-ray of the same movie. The difference was shocking, the sound was amazing, not even close to the DVD. Cool movie for music.

• Like 1