Unknown SWV

Laellinger

I just bought a SWV Subwoofer but can’t find any info about. It has 8” speaker and inputs and output ports on the back. Can anyone tell me about this Subwoofer? 

I tried to include pictures of the back but it kept telling me 2mb only.

Edited by Laellinger

If you mean you bought a kg SW Subwoofer then here's what I can tell you.

It has 2-8" dual voicecoil drivers in a dual ported enclosure. You connect your amp's speaker outputs  to the top, input terminals. Connect your speakers to the bottom, output terminals.

Some models had a switch which would increase output 3dB.

I have one connected to a pair of Heresy's and it's perfect for completing that last bottom octave. I love mine so much I want another one for my basement system.

And if you're the bum that beat me in a recent eBay auction for a kg sw subwoofer, then I'm not talking to you any more...;)

• Like 1

It looks like you may mean a SWV Subwoofer, rather than the KG SW, as Peter P guessed.  You are right, if it is truly labeled SWV, it is a mystery.   

On the other hand, if you mean KG SW, I can tell you that we had a Klipsch KG SW Subwoofer in our living room for TV sound for about 20 years.  Before we built a Home Theater in a different room, we used it every day with everything on TV and quite a few music disks.  Within its range (38 Hz to 150 Hz), it was excellent, tight sounding, clean, etc.   It sounded fine with Broadcast, VHS, CD, and DVD.  It was much cleaner with less floppiness, and sounded less like burping, than most conventional subwoofers I have heard.  It withstood a large amount of bass boost and caused a guest to shriek in terror and surprise during the Firebird in Disney's Fantasia 2000.