Cornwall II problems

bsacco

Well, I just got the CW II's I just bought on EBAY today. It turns out that one of the woofers is blown....it's the 43..industrial woof.

Also, the crossover wiring is original and is tired and oxidized. Does anyone have any suggestions on what type/guage wire to re-wire the components to the crossover with?

I wonder if I go through the hassle of replacing the orig. wiring if it will make an audio difference.

Your best bet is to get a couple of K33 woofers from Klipsch...about 100 bucks apiece...and replace those industrial ones...your bass response will be smoother, generally speakeing...and lower, too! It simply amazes me how some folks treat speakers!! Why the hell would anybody put an industrial woofer in a CORNWALL?????...unless he/she was intending to push them far beyond the ratings given for the standard woofer???? This means that your Cornwalls were ABUSED!!!

I know how you feel...the LaScalas I got were mounted-up with Peavey Black Widows...one mud (k77m) tweeter, one alnico (k77) tweeter, wiring on them had been spliced and re-spliced...but ya get a good deal on eBay and ya kinda HOPE you aren't getting taken by some jerk, know what I mean?

It is happening far more often than not, that these eBay sellers are palming off crap on the unsuspecting...or AT LEAST pretending to believe that they "thought they were in good working order and all original"!!!! Just how difficult is it to check the drivers and components and ask on this BB about them prior to listing the speakers, anyway?????

At least I got some K33E's for the scalawags and can always find another t-35(k77) somewhere...gotta sell those peaveys, though...no need for em and they are taking up needed space here!! Anybody need a pair of 15" Black Widows? LOL!

I paid $330 for the CW II's ...but here's the catch...the orig boxes were cut down to a smaller size due to WAF....

I suppose I could just re-cone the speaker.

What exactly are the tinsel leads? Do you mean the terminals on the speaker itself. And how can it be a "Easy fix." Sorry for the elementary questions, but I'm a newbie to Klipsch speakers and the lingo.

Also,, How can you test to see if the crossover is alright? Could a bad part in the crossover be causing my 43 woof to fart and "sound blown".