Stand for Heresy I

Vito

Hello to everyone.

Since 1980 I have a pair of Heresy I. I put them in a bookshelf and on the floor. They sound great. Now I would try to put'em on stands planned for Heresy II but I can't find them in Italy.

Can anyone tell me if buying stands is a good thing and/or where can I buy them on internet?

Thanks.

Vito1.gif

Vito,

Typically, when you put Heresys anywhere but on the floor, you tend to lose bass response...the floor carries the lower bass range to the listener much better than the open air.

By stands for the Heresy...are you talking about the little wooden risers that some come with, mounted on the bottom of them? If so, why not just make some or have a wood-working friend make some FOR you? They are fairly simple to build!

My dad has a pair of Heresy's that were made in the early 70's, and he has used a simple stand the shape of an 'X'. It is about 3 inches high and they are slightly smaller than the base of the speaker so it doesn't jut out anywhere, taking away from the appearance of the speaker. And of course, they sound great!

Yes, thank you, I was thinking to build stands from myself but I don't know measures. I only know they have to be inclined about 15° to up but:

how much high has to be the front? How to block speaker on (avoiding a sliding backward)?

I don't know.

Can you tell me?

Thanks again

Vito 3.gif

Ciao Vito!

If you're going to build "risers" for the Heresy's, build to suit your needs. Build them so that the speakers angle up directly at your listening position. If you are looking for stands, you will lose some bass response, but Heresy's can still sound very good. Be creative in what you can use as stands, there are plenty of options out there in Italy.