OH MY GOD!!! A person at my school got a $200,000 recording studio:

kenratboy

But the problem is that his (his bands) music sucks BAD, they played at school, absolute Krap. The studio is setup for 5.1 recording and has ALL the goodies. Also it's setup to do ~1000 runs of CD's or DVD's!!!

I don't know what to say. Before you ask, Mackie Monitors.

Freaking rich kids. I don't know what to say...

Well um first relax... Lots of good toys without the where with all to know what to do with them, will produce even more crap. Also know that usually gear like this is out dated.. Even the big record companies do NOT throw money like this around anymore. Especially on new unproven bands. Were in an era of "pre packaged product" over any kind of substance IMO.

Talk to Danocaster and his band SparkleDrive.

If they got a 200k deal, this is probably only money up front. I am sure the band will work years to pay it back, even if they are, or get famous. Heck, go no further than VH1 and see how a band can sell say 10 million CD's and make as members of that band maybe 30k a year!! It happens all the time.

Someone said the other day.. "The person they wish they were was Bernie Taupin." He gets 50% of almost all of his and Elton Johns songs...yet if he walked into a McDonalds I doubt anyone would know who he is...LOL

Just a thought.10.gif

And,and so what.I have a great audio setup and I dont envy anyone.My whole audio setup may not be worth 200K but it sure comes close to 100K.Hey I worked for almost eight years to get this.Its mine,paid with MY money.And I am proud to say I purchased it all,not some rich gramps or uncle gave me the gear.

Again if the kiddo has no talent a Stradivarius will not make a great musician out of him/her.And talent cannot be purchased with any amount of money.1.gif

believe it or not, 200,000 isn't actualy a toooon of money for a recording studio. I'm in no way saying this is a cheap system, but there is really alot of studio's better than that. Also, alot of monitor's better than the Mackies. Maybe you'll get lucky, the band will split up, and you can get dibs on the equip, lol. Did their parents pay for it?