pomps and pipes also in my house

prodj101

I have some sony studio ones, model number MDR-700 (149.99 street price). They sound really good in my opinion, I picked mine up at guitar center (more than guitars, studio equip, dj gear, etc.) for about 120 on a mail in rebate. I would reccomend them to almost anyone. Plus they have a really good build quality and are nice and sturdy feeling.

Muhahahaha.

In a word.. Crap.

The 700's and especially anything (except the 6) with DJ in the line up is worth half of its 'value' at best.

You have great cans, only way you could go better would be to get some 'audiophile' ones. Check out Grado and Sennheiser. Sony makes very few good headphones. Koss makes excellent headphones, especially for the cost.

The problem when you start to go high end is that you now need an amp. I am getting a Dynamic Headphone Amp by Justin/Wilson. It is a mere $479, the nice ones, the REALLY good ones, are the Headroom amps or some tube amps.

The best Sony headphone made is the V6, bar none. My Sam Goody had some a while ago, but quickly sold out. I really enjoyed the MDR's I had, especially at the $79 price, which is only $49 online. You can not beat them for $49, brand new for that kind of design. Exceptional quality.

Now onto Pomps and Pipes

Ahhh.

ProDJ,

Headphones will never do justice to pipe organs no matter how great they may be.Unless you invested

into Stax Omega II's or someting of this high caliber you are missing the bottom subsonic sub bass in P & P.

To really fully taste P & P you need at least a Velodyne HGS18 or SVS Ultra(an Aerial will do LOL)

subwoofer to feel the awesome power and fury of these giant musical instruments.Pipe organs move air,LOTTS of air.And to begin doing justice you need a sub that also moves air,LOTTS of air.

If you cannot feel the power at 16Hz,forget about it.

Even as good as it is the Sunfire Signature cannot bring the large pipe organs home,the HGS18,B15 and SW12 can. 16.gif

BTW Your headpones have a nice typical Made in Japan rating.Why you ask? NO HEADPONES IN THE WORLD ARE EVEN LINEAR DOWN TO 10Hz,and even if they would the human does not hear,and cannot define quality below 16Hz anyway.Furthermore your headpones may be at -24dB at 5Hz taking the reference at 1Khz.So you missed the glory and air moving majesty of pipe organs.

Wow! Amazon.com was 5 days early! My other stuff came in 1 day early. Gotta love Amazon.com!!!

I really like this cd, i have yet to get any serious bass from it except form The Vikings. Was this song used in some movie? I recognize bits and peices of it.

I really do like this cd, trumpets ROCK!

Thanks Ears for the suggestion.

oh yeah, the CD jewel cases were damaged from the trip from the warehouse to the shipping place, so amazon.com sent me two cd jewel cases with a letter apologizing to replace the damaged ones! that is great service, i di dnot even have to ask and they did it. wow. that is how it SHOULD be.