HERESY I, II, or III and Why?

Notenki

I still consider myself a Klipsch novice. From all indications for my available square footage I think I'd like to get into a set of Heresy speakers. Which should I pursue and why? All personally experienced Heresy opinions preferred. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hey man! Good to see you posting.

I only have experience with Heresy I and II. Both pairs are in my shop. I like the sound of the Heresy I's over the II's but that's after doing a modification to the I's crossover. It tames the Squawker (midrange) and Tweeter. 5th post on this page is the start of the mod walk through:

Hopefully more will comment on all three Heresy generations.

How big is your space? A subwoofer might be needed to help with the low end.

I only have experience with I and 1.5, I think it likely boils down to the sound you like and whether or not you want to do upgrades eg. to crossover and/or drivers. Do you like the original Klipsch sound or newer technology sound? Any chance you can listen to all three? If you like the upgrades hobby then the I and 1.5 allow easy access to cabinet internals and you can make as many or few updates as you want. But if you like the newer version sounds and want to plug and play then go for a newer set.

Which ever you can afford is my motto...lol. But price no object I would buy new ones but I own older ones and would keep them cause I like them. I also did a lot of mods to them made the back board thicker , Rebuilt the crossover , put seals on the back plate.

1 hour ago, ricktate said:

Which ever you can afford is my motto...lol. But price no object I would buy new ones but I own older ones and would keep them cause I like them. I also did a lot of mods to them made the back board thicker , Rebuilt the crossover , put seals on the back plate.

I agree.

I have enjoyed many Heresy variants.  Although each has its own strengths and weaknesses, the differences are subtle and they all sound great. Get whichever are available at a price within your budget.

FYI, my daily drivers are modified HIP “Super Heresys” with Crites CT120 tweeters. While I prefer their sound to my son’s H1s, I could be satisfied enjoying music from the H1s indefinitely.

• Like 1