Mass Drop...

Schu

is anyone here familiar with the website/community called Massdrop?

it appears to be a community based around common interests where members can request products and therefore be able to see a reduced purchase price based on economies of scale... similar to a "Group Buy" scenario.

There are communities for things such as Audio, Camera, Watches, Clothing... and so on.

I think the website makes deals based on commitments of it's members to purchase.

It also appears it allows small product companies to opportunity to be exposed to a large captive audience of a potential customer base.

I've seen a couple audio buys that look interesting.

Familiar with yes, Bought from No............. I have seen Dozens of posts on Head-Fi from Folks buying Headphones and Amps off Mass drop.  You commit, You pay You wait till the drop closes and You wait for shipping I have seen some take as long as 3 months for shipping. I have not seen or heard of anyone getting ripped off

Yes, familiar with.  Yes, have participated in drops.

For an example, I went through MassDrop when I purchased my DarkVoice 336SE OTL headphone tube amp.  Transaction was simple and perfect, no issues whatsoever - beyond pleased with the experience and I wouldn't hesitate doing it again if the right item/deal came along.