Vinyl Sound

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

We can argue math and science all day. But the bottom line for me is that vinyl is more engaging.

I want to make it clear that I am not against vinyl, and certainly not against analog. In fact I have a vinyl-based system that I enjoy very much. But I have also been designing high-performance digital audio systems for nearly 30 years. And while some of the complaints about digital audio have been, and in some cases continue to be, well-founded, they have been incorrecly attributed to fundamental flaws in the digitization (sampling+quantization) process itself. In fact they should be attributed to how well the digitization process is implemented in a particular situation.

The mathematics show us what is possible. The implementation shows us how close to that we can get.

3 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

We can argue math and science all day. But the bottom line for me is that vinyl is more engaging. I have what is arguably a great digital front end that I enjoy immensely. But vinyl makes the music come alive and anyone that hears it in my system has a hard time denying it.

The argument against vinyl is much the same as the argument against horns. Most people that poo poo vinyl haven't heard a properly set up rig. You can make anything sound bad.

Shakey

And there's is nothing like sitting back and selected an album SIDE to listen to for the next 20-25mins or so, while you make another drink or smoke, etc. And OMG for making "collection tapes"! A whole RACK of albums and let's slowly song by song select the best SONGS in the album rack to put on THIS collection tape! Manually YES!! And keep the albums clean!!

:-)

John Kuthe...