New Heresy Price

justin_tx_16

hmmm OK, been reading the whole thread...

Here are some of my observations for you.

Get the "used" Heresies I's not II's...If you need Audio speakers... BUT

I have neices and nephews in College right now.. They use their computer speakers... Stereos are a thing of the past...(sorry Klipsch) Your going to have a small desk your room mate will too... just enough room for your two beds a mini fridge, microwave etc etc TV video games...You get the idea...NO ROOM.

When you get in a house...(go Sigma Chi too, BTW, for business....then as a Pat attny you will have great connections later in life if you do.) They will have a PA system I am sure... I used 2 "industrial" La Scalas for fraternity house Gigs in all four corners of the Party room... You can imagine we "rocked" at the House. These were indestructable...beer, other drinks, ciggarettes, very cute women in next to nothing...sometimes... well ok, I will stop here...LOL In other words everything was put on them, I am sure more than I ever wanted to know..and they lasted 3 years, no problems, and they never broke. Although I did find a pair of panties somehow logged in the back of the W box one time. LOL I wonder if she missed them??

College is time for getting away, learning more about yourself, and getting some knowledge that will make you important to someone else in the future. Your degree proves your teachable and willing to do what is necessary to get a degree. In your case, a good business background, and as a Pat Attny, you will be trusted to help people with their intellectual property rights to enable them to create tomorrows products, and get compensated fairly for them too.

When you then are out there in the "real world" like most of us on here...THEN is the time for the killer system. You will have earned it..will appreciate it...and you have given me reason to tell my story now in the storyteller contest which I will start working on. We all love this wonderful company that produces arguably some of the finest Speakers in the world.. Spend your $$ on a great computer...Get a great MP3 player and or CD walkman.... a good backpack...to carry this with your books, and you will be fine.

As far as people stealing stuff...simple rule is be a little careful who ever you bring into your dorm room just like you would in your own parents house. You should be fine. Locked doors do not open themselves and allow people to come in to steal your stuff.(This includes going down the hallway to the shower too.) Your more likely to have a smaller items like cash, cd's dvd's and etc., Notebook computers are more easily stolen than a big speakers...Including the (Little big) Heresy line.

I have friends, like I said before, at one of the best Pat Attny offices in the USA. I would be happy to make an introduction for you at a later time. Perhaps you could do an internship with them too.

Your a good Kid, now becoming a young man, and in some ways seem like a little brother to a lot of us on here. We see a lot of ourselves in your excitement and willingness to help others, and a love of course of KLIPSCH.

Hope this helps..

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to agree with Indy on that one.

I spent all four years of my college (and earned a B.S. in Computer Science) in the dorms and between the TV and computers (which at the time where still not required like today), the mini-fridge, but no microwave - they did not allow cooking in the rooms, there was barely enough room for me to stick my small shelf system in anywhere. I could not imagine trying to shoe-horn a pair of floorstanding speakers into those small dorm rooms. My parents refused to get me off-campus housing. They could have afforded, but my father is of the "if you want it, you'll have to work for it." I figured off-campus housing was not worth it and stayed in the dorms.

If you must have an audio system, take one of the many sets of ProMedias you have. They are more than sufficient for dorm room use, plus it is very unlikely you'll have much room for anything else anyway.

As for as theft, keep your door locked, including going to the shower. For very valuable things, keep a small safe or lockbox hidden in one of the drawers or in the bottom of the closet. That is what I did. The worst theft that occured to me while in college is that somebody stole 5 bucks out of my wallet and that was due to my carelessness (I accidently left my wallet out while in the computer lab while going to get a can of pop from the pop machine). I also had a floppy disk stolen from me, but fortunatly, I had a backup.

College can and should be a very rewarding time. Learn all that you can learn and at the same time, have fun.

Justin,

I hate to say it but your going to be so busy meeting new people and chasing girls you are not going to have alot of time to appreciate your speakers anyway. Go to school and take a little something thats small and live with it. If after one year you can't stand not having a great system in the dorm then make the decision. If you are going to live in the dorms I think you will find that you spend very little time in your room. We all go to college and plan on spending hours in our rooms studying, etc. The fact is it just does work out that way. Take the amount of time you think you will spend listening to your speakers each week, cut that in half, divide it by 5, and find the natural log of the total. That is how much time you will spend listening, the same also applies for how much you will spend on homework especially the first year.

EJ

Roomates generally have no idea what clipping an amplifier means. And they will do it when you are not around quite frequently.

Do not take any speakers with you you are not willing to buy new drivers or crossovers for in the future.

Or buy some nasty old Gemsound, Yahama, or Cerwin Vega stage monitors and just crank it.

I miss the fall in East Lansing, Michigan as a college student. One of the finest party schools. Had so much fun I failed 3 classes along the way and stayed an extra .5 years.

Have fun.

Rick

Justin,

I wouldn't buy anything now.

Wait to you get settled in. Dorm rooms are small.

You MAY get a roomie who also wants to get a Klipsch system. You can go 1/2's. Check out pawn shops or the school paper. There was always nice systems for sale when I lived in a college town. Kids would bring systems to school and need the money for other things or when students graduate they have so much stuff they don't have room in the car to take the system home with them.

I wouldn't worry about it.

What school are you going to?

Danny

Ok, so no speakers now, just bring my promedia's... which? 2.1 4.1 or 5.1? I have more than one of each.

I plan to go somewhere up north, or the University of texas. Looking at University of Missouri at Columbia, University of North Carolina at Chappell Hill, University of Alabama, and a few other out of state schools.

I guess which ever one you like the best. However, the 2.1s would be easier to pack-up and move and you may not have any good place to put the rear speakers on the <45>.1 sets, but you could take the 4.1s and if there is no good place to put the rears, just don't hook them up.

----------------

On 10/16/2002 6:44:33 PM cluless wrote:

Justin -

How about UT Austin - that place rocks. Oh..I understand, you plant to graduate some day....Nevermind
----------------

The University of Texas is UT Austin :) They have one of the top 5 Psychology schools in the nation and a reputable Law School. They also just got something along the lines of $220,000,000 (yes, that much) for their archeology school. DOn't ask for what, my dad and I are still trying to figure that one out since Longhorn Saturday. They also just got $25,000,000 for their law school from the owner of Clearchannel Communications.

Watch out Wonder Boy those Schoo dont qualify for T Bone Hoffa. Fact that Missouri is high on His Cow College hit List. LOL

Like this Union Hack knows high education. Suppose he graduated from Northwestern with a major in Extortion. He-he

Really, it sound like somebody got rejected at Dupage Community College. He-he

Look up www.indiana.edu

Also, www.indylaw.edu

If I may be so proud, take a look at my school of choice.

Indiana University ( IU ) is one of the "Top 10 Yahoo's Internet Life" hooked up schools, Microsoft Internet 3 developer, and Time magazine ranked us #1 in the whole country as a research and teaching university too. A top 20 Business School ranking too. (A lot of the technical behind the scenes work done on eBay, amazon, and other web sites we all use was developed at IU with students.) The Dallas Maverics Owner was a IU business MBA grad created gamecruiser so he could listen to IU basketball games in Dallas texas later sold out to Yahoo for over a Billion dollars too. (Also burried from the IU page is the recent #1 party school ranking....when they came to interview students during the NCAA finals...LOL That is always a lot of fun too.) Looks like we re loaded this year...Basketball is HUGE in Bloomington!!

The campus is beautiful.. the women even better, and has a great "balance" in what is a tough school as well as a great social life too. It has the largest greek system (# of houses and students in it) in the entire USA.

Besides...only about 1 1/2 hrs from the new Klipsch headquarters... hehehehehehehe You know... they might need a very sharp young man one of these days to fill a position to look after their interests too.

Just add it to your list if you like.

just, you may wanna also check out iowa state aka moo U. 16.gif great sports - cyclone football currently ranked 9th, greek system (was # 2 to IL when i was there), & just ranked 13th in partying by playboy (KU 8th jhawk). 9.gif

really though it is a competitive school. you do have to study. "cow college" i presume means

any public school in the midwest. but really comes from the status of land grant that were set up at 1st for emphasis in agriculture & engineering. but if you look at Iowa State, Missouri, Texas A&M, Purdue, etc. now, they're much more multifaceted. f.e., MU is ranked real high if not the highest in journalism.

If ISU is MU I would hate to hear what you guys would hve to say about my alma mater North Dakota State University. Studied Civil Engineering there but grew up in Cedar Rapids, IA so your last post hit home a little boa. You think ISU is MU go north another 800 miles. It's like another world. Can you say 4H.

Seriously though all college students like to party and northern minnesota has the highest concentration of true blondes per capita than anyplace in the US.6.gif

BTW as soon as I graduated I moved to AZ and now I am in FL. If I never see snow again it will be too soon.

EJ

Justin,

Sorry, I just have to laugh about your "up north" reference with schools in such states as Missouri, Alabama, and North Carolina. Being an Alumnus of the University of Maine, Orono, those "southern states" don't seem very far north:) BTW, UMO has some very competitive programs, especially in engineering and business, and one of the best hockey teams in the nation (like most people care:)). My dorm rooms were always large enough for a full surround sound setup including floorstanding Klipsch so don't abandon your hopes completely. You just need to strike the fear of God in your roommate(s)!! Good luck with those applications!!

ej, hey i'm from muscatine & we use to be in the mississippi valley w/ all the major CR schools (& had a 41 game losing streak in football 8.gif ). did you go to wash, jeff, or kennedy?

anyway, by MU i meant U of Missouri (not Moo U). 2.gif Missouri is more like ISU & U of IA combined - also has a law & med school. believe U of Minnesota is similar in that regard in that its also a land granter. yea most of the ______ state U are land grants - like KS State, OK state (formerly OK A&M), wash state, etc.

how'd you ever end up at NDSU? i know a lot of people from CR from ISU.

Boa,

I graduated from Kennedy in 91'. Lived in CR from 78-91. Moved up to ND after I graduated as my parents were from there and he rest of my entire family lives there. As soon as I graduated college I got out though. Right now My parents are moving dowmn here to Orlando from Fargo. They are moving into my curent house and we are moving into our new house as I speak. I was hoping that my addition would be completedbefore I moved in but the rain has kind of put a damper in it. Small world. Did you know anyone from Kennedy around the years I was there? I don't remember knowing anyone from musctine but I definitly knew you guys existed.

EJ

ej, the same year you moved to CR, i graduated from HS. 9.gif oh well, most i knew went to wash anyway. did date some real nice gals from kennedy & prairie though. but in IA i think there's only 1 degree of seperation - that is, knowing people, not being related. 16.gif