Shinall, model VLT-1

Dave Jones

I have a pair of Shinall, Model VLT-1 speakers. I have been unable to find that model listed anywhere. I'd like to find out what they are and what their worth. I'd like to sell

The speakers are in great shape BUT somewhere along the line someone removed the damaged original 12" and replaced with JBL 1000 speakers

Gary Shinall passed away a few years ago, and he was a one man shop. Most of what he built were based on Klipsch designs, visually if not directly component wise. I corresponded with him at one time.

Can you post a pic of the speaker in question? Perhaps someone would have an idea of what he might have used.

Bruce

• Like 2

It you have one original woofer, there may be enough numbers on the cone and frame to track down its origin and purchase a proper replacement.  Please post pics.  Many of Mr. Shinall's designs were Klipsch clones and could use the corresponding Klipsch woofer. 

Does the "VLT-1" look like either of these two models?

1911243451_SmallerShinallmodels.jpg.e9d88fbd4bee3b9509764dfeaa9d551e.jpg

I think that if you can get $200-$300/pair out of them (whichever configuration they happen to be), I think you will have gotten market value, IMO.  Shinalls haven't appreciated over time, unfortunately.

I have a pair of Shinall KKS's: Khorn clones constructed from very nicely veneered Baltic birch ply throughout.  These will probably become part of a setup with MEH (multiple entry horn) top sections--and KKS bass bins providing a stand for the MEH to bring them up to ear level, and also separating the deep bass duty from the MEHs.

729963568_KKSsmall.jpg.33d3e04523de61ba1c9f9ad5550fa89e.jpg

RIP to Gary and regards to his remaining family.  He clearly took pride in his work. 

Chris