Now: Oddball Cornwall 2 discussion. Was: I have a possibly silly question about an inductor...

Oicu812

which woofer is in those sub boxes and what are they tuned to? I don't imagine they go all that low but I expect they can move some air. You might end up needing a sub or two at the end of the day. Looks like you are going to have a lot of fun a learn a lot at the same time. Keep us posted on your project.

14 minutes ago, moray james said:

which woofer is in those sub boxes and what are they tuned to? I don't imagine they go all that low but I expect they can move some air. You might end up needing a sub or two at the end of the day. Looks like you are going to have a lot of fun a learn a lot at the same time. Keep us posted on your project.

I got them as empty cabs.  The drivers were sold before I came along, so I will get to choose what goes back in them.  Do you have any suggestions?

I believe that the model designation for the cabs are KP-1000’s.  

I have not been able to find much on the KP-1000 it may use the K48. I did find some info on the K33 and the K48 in the archive here, see below. Perhaps one of the regulars who does Pro work with Klipsch can comment on your woofer but as I said my guess is it does not play low it is a woofer and not a subwoofer. If I find more info I will post at that time.

First Column is K-33 and 2nd col is K-48

Qts: .388 & .350

VAS: 301 & 166 liter

Eff; 97 & 97 dB

Fs: 34 & 42 Hz

On 10/25/2018 at 6:17 AM, moray james said:

I have not been able to find much on the KP-1000 it may use the K48. I did find some info on the K33 and the K48 in the archive here, see below. Perhaps one of the regulars who does Pro work with Klipsch can comment on your woofer but as I said my guess is it does not play low it is a woofer and not a subwoofer. If I find more info I will post at that time.

First Column is K-33 and 2nd col is K-48

Qts: .388 & .350

VAS: 301 & 166 liter

Eff; 97 & 97 dB

Fs: 34 & 42 Hz

Thanks for the info.  I will use it wisely!

On 10/20/2018 at 8:04 PM, Oicu812 said:

I've been looking around for compatible parts, and found these 2.5mh inductors on eBay. 

Is there any reason that these would not do the same job as the Klipsch factory models? 

These are roughly $15 each

Bob Crites will also sell you a purpose designed to better specs 2.5mh and others for the same price. Unless I am getting an Esre Super Q I buy from him. I have measured the ones I get from both places and they are MUCH closer tolerance than 15%