Anybody have any experience with onecall.com?

Mike Lindsey

My girlfriend just bought a new house and is in the market for a new RPTV and wants the Sony KP57WV600 because the silver finish matches the rest of her decor (hey, what can I say... she's a woman!) 3.gif I told her I would find it for the best price and think I have at www.onecall.com. It's $2720 delivered to the door (no shipping and tax) and the Sony manufacturer's warranty can be added for up to 5 years.

I originally thought Sears would match this price (they currently have it listed for $3299) but they said it would have to be a local internet company. I don't know if that it is a bunch of bull, but I was wondering if anybody out there has had any dealings with onecall (good or bad) and wanted to share them with me.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Where do you live? I don't think you have submitted your info into the Klipsch Locating Network Adv. yet otherwise I would not have to ask that hehe. If there is a "The Home Theater Store", you should be able to get the absolutely best price. They sell more HDTV's than anyone else, at least in Texas. They sold me my two MITS HDTV's for at least $250 less than the lowest price I could find locally. My 46" MITS HDTV i got for ~$1899!

Tell her to get the MITS 55" DLP HDTV, it is silver also hehe

Mike

I have a One Call Catalog, Catalog Code H2A, received week of October 14, 2002, page 22 which advertises' the Sony KP-57WV600 for $2299.00, Three Year Warranty Service - $186.00.

Does not state any charges for Shipping and Handling (maybe thats where the additional $500.00 comes into the price}.

Just my two cents info for you and the lady.

Huhuru10.gif

Mike,

I also use Onecall for things. My most recent purchase was a dvd player last fall. They are great to deal with. I am planning on getting my next receiver from them. What is nice is that they are an Authorized Internet Dealer for a lot of products so the warranties are all good. I'd definitely recommend them.

BTW, if someone could tell me how to disable my signature now, I'd appreciate it.

spped, you may also want to check out the thread by cluless in this section on your avatar filename. i can't see your avatar w/ netscape 4.79.

mike, sorry i haven't used onecall though i've checked their prices a few times. i'd check w/ sony to make sure you'd have a manufacturer's warranty - no offense to onecall but just to be safe & sure. 2.gif

----------------

On 10/21/2002 1:42:16 PM tblasing wrote:

I can't see his avatar either and I'm on IE6.

----------------

oh, in that case speed you may want to check the "yes" for custom avatar in your profiles section. or maybe its check "no" if you don't have a link to a custom avatar. whichever. 6.gif

Thanks for all the replies. As it turned out, Sears matched the price of the TV including shipping, but had to charge us the tax. Debbie felt more comfortable going with a local retailer and went ahead and bought it yesterday.

Thanks for all your help. If I ever find something at onecall with a price that's hard to beat, I won't hesitate to use them...

Mike