VERY LET DOWN-- SAMS CLUB

avman

Wow I would be mad as well if they are selling anything more than Quintet systems and or pro media systems. Klipsch is a high end brand which should only be sold in nice stereo store or upper class dept stores such as tweeter the wiz etc. I dont feel they should sell at certain places like this.. Its putting the name down just like when BMW was debating about selling a sub $20k car. When you drive a BMW people know what your driving if they sell for under 20k its not gona be nothing special. And Its not gonna seam to be of the same value it once was and thats not the way i would like to see Klipsch go..

Klipsch's tactic of promoting those ProMedia speakers through every possible channel is very smart, IMO. They are exposing the Klipsch name to a whole ton of people who would otherwise never hear of them. I've read countless posts in the Home Audio section of this forum where the poster says "After hearing/buying my ProMedias, I just had to go listen to/buy a pair of Klipsch Reference whatevers, 'cause the PM's blew everything else out of the water."

OK - Show of hands - How many of you bought Klipsch Home Audio speakers because you first heard their ProMedias?

Doug

Maybe Klipsch is launching a new world wide ExBose-ure marketing campaign. You know. Just doing their part in supporting the clean air acts of many countries while giving some of these national chains a little artificial respiration. In with the good air. Out with the bad. 3.gif

People were still sitting behind their commodore 64 when I bought my first set of Klipsch. At that time I doubt Klipsch ever thought they would be making computer speakers, hell I don't even think computers had speakers then.

However I hope it's not a trend, now it's only computer speakers, then it will be the lower lines, before you know it it'll be reference series and quality will start to drop off. I can guarentee though as long as klipsch keeps selling heritage you will never find a set of Khorns in Circuit City.

I remember when I first saw a set of Klipsch(I don't remeber which type) that were not the real solid wood ones, like the MDF board style and I was like what the hell are they doing. I mean When I first bought my klipsch I was thinking "Now this is a piece of furniture that sounds great, very well built." I was very disappointed but I guess if they want to stay in business they have to diversify their product lines so that they can reach as many potential buyers as possible.

They key here is not to let quality lack regardless, especially if they are putting the klipsch name on it. I think if they do want to break into the circuit city type market they need to develope a new name to put on the speakers but not klipsch, do not even associate them with the klipsch name. Hell, 99.9% of people who shop at circuit city for speakers have no idea what klipsch is anyway.

EJ